So for those of you looking to stay here, I'm sure you are already well aware that it is quite expensive to stay at this hotel. However, you get to stay right next to the ruins which gives you the opportunity to be the first ones to enter the ruins in the morning. (Aka you can get some wonderful pictures of when the sun first hits the ruins with no tourists!) On top of this, the hotel is quite nice. The rooms were a little smaller than expected but the staff were helpful and the gardens/hot spring and waiting area were all incredible. The connected restaurant which is technically apart from the hotel is AWFUl though. There was a fly in my sister's water, my mother's water glass was broken, the music was so loud that you could not carry on a dinner conversation and, the service was horrendous. The food was alright. This unfortunately distracted from our stay so I hope that the hotel can help the restaurant to improve but overall the hotel is quite nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No picture of Machu Picchu can prepare you for seeing it with your own eyes. Perched high in the Andes, it is one of few places in the world that can be described as truly unmissable. It’s on everyone’s travel wish list, attracting a million visitors each year. But there’s only one way to see it in style: by staying at Belmond Sanctuary Lodge. When we say we’re one of a kind, we mean it. Belmond Sanctuary Lodge is the only hotel that sits at the entrance of the ancient Inca citadel of Machu Picchu. For years we have been the unofficial gateway to the Inca world, inviting our guests to explore with unrivalled access and expert guidance. While most visitors to the citadel endure a winding bus ride from Aguas Calientes, our snug retreat is a few footsteps away. Wake before sunrise and be the first through the gates. The mountains look magnificent emerging from a thick cloak of mist, and Machu Picchu is stunning in solitude. Stop, breathe and soak it all in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Belmond Sanctuary Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge By Orient-Express Hotel Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Hotel
- Sanctuary Lodge Machu Picchu