Location makes this hotel outstanding, right next to the entrance to Machu Picchu. And location also justifies the very high cost of this hotel. If I return to Machu Picchu I will again stay at the Sanctuary Lodge, not because it is really a luxury hotel that would command those kind of rates if it were located anywhere else, but because of where it is located. Otherwise the hotel is good, but not outstanding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Sanctuary Lodge enjoys a unique location just steps from the entrance to Machu Picchu; it is the only hotel beside the Inca citadel. This charming mountain retreat, set in orchid gardens, is the perfect place to relax, from early in the morning to magical moonlit nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Belmond, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond Sanctuary Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge By Orient-Express Hotel Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Hotel
- Sanctuary Lodge Machu Picchu