The only hotel on the mountain just outside the entrance to the incredible Machu Picchu ruins. The lodge is worth the money and the rooms are nice as well. The value comes in staying at the lodge and being able to be the first ones to enter the ruins and the last to leave. You can come back to the hotel to eat, nap and have food and reenter as often as you like.
The morning breakfast was buffet and suite to order. The early evening dinner for live entertainment was excellent and then following that up with a nice time in the hot tub to relax the muscles after a full day of hiking
Just the best!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Sanctuary Lodge enjoys a unique location just steps from the entrance to Machu Picchu; it is the only hotel beside the Inca citadel. This charming mountain retreat, set in orchid gardens, is the perfect place to relax, from early in the morning to magical moonlit nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Belmond, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HRS and getaroom.com so you can book your Belmond Sanctuary Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge By Orient-Express Hotel Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Hotel
- Sanctuary Lodge Machu Picchu