The Lodge is the only hotel actually at the site of Macchu Picchu so it is possible that the staff would let service slip since it's the only game in town. However, not only is the Lodge perfectly located and nicely appointed, the service was excellent. The staff was very friendly and accomodating; the rooms were nice with good views; the food was wonderful and they have an on-site spa. There is also a "day room" for guests who have checked out but need to check internet or shower etc before their departure. I highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Sanctuary Lodge enjoys a unique location just steps from the entrance to Machu Picchu; it is the only hotel beside the Inca citadel. This charming mountain retreat, set in orchid gardens, is the perfect place to relax, from early in the morning to magical moonlit nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Belmond, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Belmond Sanctuary Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge By Orient-Express Hotel Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Hotel
- Sanctuary Lodge Machu Picchu