The plus - right at the entrance to Machu Picchu. about 30 or so rooms. overall the rooms are pretty basic, but clean, service is very good. the great ratings are for the location. The restaurant is fine as well.
on the other hand, there is nothing to do after dark, it's the only thing there and with 30 rooms, not really a bustling scene to say the least. I have no complaints about the hotel. However, i would say the bus ride really isn't a big deal. it's about 20 minutes on going up the mountain and the same down. no bus lines when i was there. if you are going with family, i'd consider staying in Aguas Caliente at the base. a lot of good hotels and restaurants, stores, markets, so more to do in the eve. you can still get an early bus up to MP. it's a quick ride. either way, you are going to take the bus up and down at least once.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Sanctuary Lodge enjoys a unique location just steps from the entrance to Machu Picchu; it is the only hotel beside the Inca citadel. This charming mountain retreat, set in orchid gardens, is the perfect place to relax, from early in the morning to magical moonlit nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Belmond, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Belmond Sanctuary Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge By Orient-Express Hotel Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Hotel
- Sanctuary Lodge Machu Picchu