After staying in other Orient Express we stayed to the Hotel for two days. The location of the hotel is just perfect no need to take the bus to go to Machu Picchu (the road to go there is horrible). The food of the restaurant was just excellent. Service was pretty good.
Cons: Rooms are not 5* standards. Bathrooms are very small (no bathtub) and rooms in the morning are pretty noisy due to buses coming up to Machu Picchu.
I would easily say that this hotel is the best around Machu Picchu due to location, so i would recommend it. But do not have high expectation for the room. For me this hotel is a good hotel but not a Leading Hotel of the World.
Pros: the inclusions with the price of the room
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Sanctuary Lodge enjoys a unique location just steps from the entrance to Machu Picchu; it is the only hotel beside the Inca citadel. This charming mountain retreat, set in orchid gardens, is the perfect place to relax, from early in the morning to magical moonlit nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond Sanctuary Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge By Orient-Express Hotel Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Hotel
- Sanctuary Lodge Machu Picchu