The staff was incredibly helpful and thoughtful for our entire stay. This is an amazing location and allows the easiest access to Macchu Pichu. If you would like an early start for your hike and beat the throng of tourists than this is the perfect place for you! The food here is beyond excellent and the atmosphere is serene within the hotel and outside in the gardens around the hotel. Flowers, hummingbirds and butterflies surround you in the outdoor garden. The hotel is not intrusive on the grounds of Macchu Pichu but offers a great oasis for weary step-climbing travelers. I highly recommend a massage after hiking. It is sublime! This hotel is worth the extra cost if you want exclusivity, convenience and quality. Very posh!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Sanctuary Lodge enjoys a unique location just steps from the entrance to Machu Picchu; it is the only hotel beside the Inca citadel. This charming mountain retreat, set in orchid gardens, is the perfect place to relax, from early in the morning to magical moonlit nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond Sanctuary Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge By Orient-Express Hotel Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Hotel
- Sanctuary Lodge Machu Picchu