Is not a hotel, it makes you feel like a warehouse for piling up tourists. The location is great because you are at the entrance of the Machu Picchu but you can hear, see and smell the tourists buses from everywhere in the hotel, and the facilities are ugly. They rush you to check out at 11:00 a.m, even if you pay for a suite. No nice common areas to spend some time indoors. The hotel is full of bags all around, giving you the feeling that everyone is in a rush there. I would never recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Sanctuary Lodge enjoys a unique location just steps from the entrance to Machu Picchu; it is the only hotel beside the Inca citadel. This charming mountain retreat, set in orchid gardens, is the perfect place to relax, from early in the morning to magical moonlit nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Belmond, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HRS and getaroom.com so you can book your Belmond Sanctuary Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge By Orient-Express Hotel Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Hotel
- Sanctuary Lodge Machu Picchu