If you are traveling mainly to go to Machu Picchu, this hotel is ideally located at its entrance.
It is quite expensive, though, so I expect something nicer. As it is run by Orient Express I was expecting a 5 stars hotel, though it looks more like a lodge. But anyway, it is worth staying if you don't mind spending a bit more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Sanctuary Lodge enjoys a unique location just steps from the entrance to Machu Picchu; it is the only hotel beside the Inca citadel. This charming mountain retreat, set in orchid gardens, is the perfect place to relax, from early in the morning to magical moonlit nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Belmond, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Belmond Sanctuary Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge By Orient-Express Hotel Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Hotel
- Sanctuary Lodge Machu Picchu