“United Mice Tour Operator for 4 day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu”

Cusco & Machu Picchu Railway
and up
Private Tour: Machu Picchu Day Trip
Ranked #10 of 102 things to do in Sacred Valley
More attraction details
Owner description: This three-hour rail journey between Cusco and Machu Picchu takes passengers through spectacular mountain scenery, dramatic canyons and along the beautiful Urubamba River with stops in the picturesque village of Poroy and other colorful small towns in the foothills of the Andes.
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I began planning my Inca Trail Trek to Machu PIcchu in February 2013 and contacted United Mice about booking the 4 day trek with them. I cannot praise this tour operator enough and the fact that everything they said and advised was absolutely the way it turned out to be in reality. No hidden costs, no surprises and just an excellent experience in every way. There were 5 in our group and I was the oldest at 62! The guide let me go at my own pace and insured my arrival at the designated camp sites each evening. Great and nutritious food, gracious and unbelievable Porters and wonderful commraderie between everyone! Every email was responded to throughout the 6 months of planning and all questions answered. A great orientation was given prior to the trek and I got to meet the agents I had been communicating with for 6 months. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!

2  Thank Linda J
There are newer reviews for Cusco & Machu Picchu Railway

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We took the train from Ollantaytambo to Machu Picchu. We took a taxi from Cuzco to Ollantaytambo, but only because we were tight on time. Otherwise we would have taken a Collectivo (Shared Shuttle Van) for 1/10 of what we paid for the taxi. Train ride itself was nice, scenic and smooth.

We showed up to the station thinking we can buy tickets, but doesn't work that way. Tickets sell out and required to purchase in advance. I wish their website (especially their schedule) would be clearer. We were able to get a 5:10am train the following morning, which worked out for us. I am not sure if their online schedule varies from the schedule they have at their office or stations.
Oh, NO LARGE LUGGAGE on train. Just carry-ons. So pack wisely.

Pricewise, it is what it is. Only option to Machu Picchu until airport is built, so can't complain whether too pricey or not. On the way back we were treated with a snack, sandwich and drinks. There was also an impromptu show on the train which I will not reveal as to not spoil the moment. There is also a fashion show on the train. I will leave it at that.

Enjoy the ride!!!

2  Thank Worldbefree1
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Percy Salas was my husband's and my guide early this year. He picked us up at the airport, toured us around Cusco and its ruins. He toured us again through the Sacred Valley and arranged for us to have a guide in Machu Picchu. He is knowledgeable, personable and efficient. I could not recommend anyone more.

2  Thank KSRbuilder
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The train was so slow. Great view. Service is ok. Seats doesn't recline.no shades on windows at all. Sun is very strong. Train serves water and coffee. For the price they charge, they can provide better service. Bathroom is clean.the train was on time and not crowded. Everyone has an assigned seat. There is also enough cargo storage for your belongings after the trek.

2  Thank Kent2009
Reviewed August 17, 2013

If you are looking for a guide in the Cusco, sacred valley and Macchu Picchu area Percy is your guy. He is reliable, knowledgeable, helpful and easy to be with.

1  Thank George P