The Green House Peru
Tierra Viva Machu Picchu(Aguas Calientes)
$169
  • Free Internet
$185
$162
$118
$105
  • Breakfast included
SUMAQ Machu Picchu Hotel(Aguas Calientes)
$526
$300
Hotels.com
$174
$135
  • Restaurant
Casa del Sol Machupicchu(Aguas Calientes)
$223
$1,550
$1,451
$466
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfriendly dogsmachu picchuhumming birdshot water bottlesbed and breakfaststayed longerhome away from homebreakfast and dinnertaxi rideaguas calientescusco airportthree nightscomfortable roomssouth americanearby waterfalleggskelly
Reviewed January 12, 2010

I was at The Green House at the same time as Joe and Ben ("Like you died and went to Sacred Valley Heaven" Nov. 12, 2009). I witnessed Ben's mighty battle to find anything there that deserved less than 5 stars, but eventually he gave in to The Green House's special magic, as I imagine, does everyone else who visits. I didn't fight it; was under its spell the moment I walked in the gate, warmly welcomed by 3 happy dogs and 2 lovely hosts. In the middle of a long trip around Peru, I was suffering from an awful cold and in need of recovery from time spent volunteering followed by a crazy madcap week seeing all the big sites and sights. I could not have found a better place to recover and just be. I left the grounds only once for a hike to the waterfall with Joe, Ben and Laika. The rest of the time I read, took pictures, played with the dogs, chatted with Bryan and Gabriel, and spent a pleasant afternoon raiding their incredible music collection. Speaking of Joe and Ben, The Green House seems to attract a lot very interesting people, which is astonishing considering it only has 4 rooms, but those rooms fill up with all kinds of adventurers, perhaps because Bryan and Gabriel are themselves so interesting and interested. It feels like a special private club where everyone is actually welcome. So what can I add to all the fabulous and well deserved reviews they have already received? Yes, the food is delicious, the dogs are sweet, the inn is beautiful and Bryan and Gabriel are amazing hosts. These things are obvious. It's in the small details where they truly excel. It's the hot water bottle at the foot of my bed on a cool night. How and when did they sneak it in there? I don't know, but It was perfect. They have absolutely the best and hottest showers I had in my travels throughout Peru. Amazing since the water is solar heated. Again, how do they do it? I truly believe there can not possibly exist a better place in the Sacred Valley to experience dawn. Bryan's garden is a serene paradise that attracts hummingbirds, dragon flies and the biggest, fattest bumble bees I have ever seen. To watch them is a meditation, you will not miss television. Bryan and Gabriel are so smart, funny, kind and accommodating. I adore them and I can't say enough about them. You will arrive as a guest, but leave as a friend. The Green House is the one place I know I will return to when I go back to Peru. When you make a reservation add a night or two, you'll be glad you did, because you won't want to leave.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank missmmona
Reviewed January 3, 2010

Five stars are not enough for the Green house. This is the perfect place to stay while visiting Cusco and the Sacred valley. The rooms are spacious and tastefully decorated. Location is great, close to almost all attractions. Numerous great hikes right from front door, were a dog is your quide. Great scenery and views everywere you look. Gabriel and Brian, the owners, are two of the greatest people you will meet. I stayed with my wife and three college age sons, and they couldn't have done more for us. Gabriel who will cook brkfst, and dinner if you wish, is a gourmet cook, and the meals were great . I have travelled extensively and the Green house is a true gem, and perhaps the best traveling experience I have had

• Stayed: December 2009
2  Thank Davef1027
Reviewed December 30, 2009

The Green House is a jewel in the Valley. Peaceful, quiet, comfortable and beautiful, it felt like a holiday from the travellers road. We loved being there and would have stayed longer had they not been booked up. Our extremely kind (hours of time spent helping us with travel plans) and engaging hosts made running the Green House seem completely effortless but their attention to detail was astonishing- when we eventually dragged ourselves away from the roaring open fire, we found hot water bottles warming our beds beneath the duvets. Guests at the Green House will always feel warm, spoilt and happy; the food is homecooked, the coffee perfect, even the dogs come in small medium and large. It is the ideal respite for the slightly weary traveller or a place to gather your strength for the next leg of your journey, pre or post Macchu Picchu Inca trail.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 18, 2009

There are two reasons why the Green House Peru is the best bed and breakfast in all of Peru: Bryan and Gabriel. From Bryan's ability to create a peaceful respite amongst the most beautiful gardens of any inn in which we have ever stayed to Gabriel's passion in the kitchen to create some of the most delectable dishes we have ever tasted, we have never felt more pampered or relaxed. We stayed four nights and wished we had stayed longer. From taking care of our laundry needs to preparing exquisitely unique meals, from days reading in the garden to evenings by the fire (and then to finding heated water bottles in our bed in the evenings to keep us toasty through the night), they have thought of ALL the little details that make a getaway special. We are innkeepers in the United States and they definitely gave us some great tips to make our guests feel equally as welcome. From one innkeeper to another, thank you for giving us the gift of true relaxation- we have never been anywhere else where we felt so taken care of! We definitely owe you- so please come visit us sometime soon!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2009

My friend & I decided to book 5 nights here after reading some reviews, and we did not regret one moment. I honestly don't know how Bryan & Gabriel have the energy to provide the level of first class service that they do. It was wonderful to feel so well taken care of, to have a home base to come back to between visiting the nearby sites and Macchu Pichu, to have someone you could trust for advice, and to share great conversations and some hearty laughs.
I miss Peru and we left the Green House feeling like we had left our good friends. I will return one day! Thank you, Gabriel & Bryan, for being so fabulous!