“Best value and most beautiful accommodation in Peru!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sacred Valley
The Green House Peru
Ranked #1 of 189 Sacred Valley B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 14, 2009

We came across the Green House by accident and It was the best bit of luck we had in Peru! The Green House is beautiful, so relaxing, warm and friendly. The accommodation is 1st class, the food incredible, and Bryan and Gabriel made us feel like we were at home. The only dissapointing thing was that we only had two nights there. We could have easily stayed for much longer. We were sad to day goodbye but we will defininitely be back!!

Reviewed December 14, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights, and it was like staying at a friend's home. The Green House is like a home tucked away in the middle of the Sacred Valley. The rooms are spacious & squeaky clean with comfortable beds, large bathroom, views of the hills & garden, & sounds of the river in the background. Bryan & Gabriel go out of their way to make you feel like a guest in their home - from preparing 3AM breakfast in order for you to have that morning energy for that trip to Macchu Piccu, to giving travel advice & making arrangements, to surprising you with hot water bottles in your bed at night, to having great conversation. And if you think they're doing too much for you, Bryan will simply reply, "It is what we do here."

These guys keep you healthy with a breakfast of fresh fruits, hot bread served with butter & native organic spreads, scrambled egg, freshly squeezed OJ, & french pressed coffee or tea. Dinners are extra, and are perfect for when in need of a healthy & delicious home-cooked meal (Gabriel - can I please have the recipe for your apple pancakes?).

I recommend staying in the Sacred Valley rather than Cusco, before (& after) your big trip to Machu Picchu. It is also a great place to acclimate to the high altitude, which really affected me while in Cusco. Cusco is very pretty, but also very touristy. The Green House is conveniently located in Huaran, which is halfway to Machu Picchu. It is an easy bus trip to surrounding towns like Pisaq, Urubamba & Ollaytaytambo. Taxis are affordable, too.

The best way to describe the Green House & its surroundings is that its a state of mind. Any stress or anxiety you have completely dissolve within the first few minutes of arrival. Other than visiting the surrounding area, you can sit out in the garden with a good book & cup of tea, watch one of their numerous DVD's, or go hiking with Laika to the waterfalls (And did I mention that the friendliest dogs on Earth live here? We miss you Laika, Paco, & Yana!!).

I can't rave enough about this place. If I missed something, read everyone one elses' positive reviews, and I completely agree. Bryan & Gabriel are the best!

Reviewed December 5, 2009

My husband and I traveled to Peru for a week. Our first 2 nights were spent in the Sacred Valley at The Green House. Our only regret is that we didn't stay there the whole week! Hosts Gabriel and Bryan are a joy. It is obvious that they take great pride in their B&B and truly enjoy being hosts. They are great resources to help you with your trip (i.e. how to get places, cost, social norms,etc.) And our 4-legged hosts (Laika, Paco, and Llana) helped make the place feel even more cozy. (Don't miss the Laika- guided waterfall tour!) We stayed in the "leather sandal" room. It had the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, other than my own bed at home! The room had enough space for the two of us. Delicious breakfast is included. Dinner (3 courses) is extra should you choose to eat there for dinner. Gabriel and Bryan are wonderful chefs. They catered to my vegetarian needs without question. The Green House is located in a quiet area. If you are looking for a lively place to stay with lots of nightlife, this isn't the place for you. But, if you are looking for peace and quiet during your stay in Peru, The Green House is a must. Before our trip, I wasn't aware how convenient The Green House was to sightseeing/tourist spots. If I had known that, I would have planned to stay at the Green House for the whole trip (except for one night in Aguas Calientes to see Machu Picchu). This is what I'm recommending to friends planning trips to Peru.

Reviewed December 2, 2009

The Green House is a peaceful home in a beautiful setting which is owned and managed by two very gracious hosts, Gabriel and Bryan. This was definitely the best place we stayed during our three weeks traveling through Peru. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the common areas were so inviting and the food was to die for. This is all due to Gabriel and Bryan who are so warm and friendly!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 2, 2009

Well, there isn't much left out of all the other 5* reviews! If you want to completely relax in an exquisitely beautiful, small B&B at the foot of spectacular mountains with warm and friendly people, you can't do better in this part of Peru. With only four immaculate, well- looked-after, and brand-new rooms, the Green House provides the kind of homey retreat that is hard to come by. Best shower in all of Peru, I'm convinced. The location is fairly isolated, but a 30-45 minute bus ride, and buses are frequent up and down the main road, will take you to most places, in either direction, in the Sacred Valley, thus making it an excellent base for day-trips.
I wouldn't really think of it as a substitute for staying in Cusco, however, if you plan to spend some time in that city, as the trip from here to Cusco is about an hour and a half by bus, or an 80 soles taxi ride. On the other hand, if Cusco is just a stopping point on the way to Machu Picchu, and you're pressed for time, you are probably better off coming straight here and avoiding the extra 4000 feet of altitude in Cusco.
I miss the Green house! Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed December 1, 2009

Felt like staying at a posh friend's house in the mountains...only difference is that the owners are down to earth, well travelled and a delight to talk to!
We only booked one night, ended up staying two and wish we would have just stayed there the whole week!
Please do not stay in Cusco your first night, this is the perfect place to chill and plan your activities in and around Cusco.
We miss the food, the sound of rushing water, the green all around, the leg warmers...everything!
Due to incessant tourism and bland tour-group tourism, service in Peru is often times anemic and indifferent...Not here! You would not find this service and relaxation anywhere else in Peru.
The only thing I would recommend is to do the touring on your own, as we found the recommended taxi driver super expensive and a little pushy. Of course, an arranged taxi is a must for coming from Cusco with all your bags...but that's all you should use the taxi service for.

Reviewed November 29, 2009

Great place in the middle of the beauty of the Sacred Valley. Half way beetween Cusco and Ollaytatambo, the best position if you are going to Machu Picchu. Great food (dinners) if you request it and great hospitality, very clean and modern rooms, common living room with DVD's , books and kitchen ... I suggest to go the waterfalls close to the Green House, is a nice walk they will tell how to reach the place, plus the dog will show you the way!

Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Boutique Hotel Lizzy Wasi
Boutique Hotel Lizzy Wasi
#11 of 29 in Urubamba
B&B-Hotel Pension Alemana

Been to The Green House Peru? Share your experiences!