The Green House Peru
Tierra Viva Machu Picchu(Aguas Calientes)
$161
$105
$135
$174
  • Restaurant
SUMAQ Machu Picchu Hotel(Aguas Calientes)
$526
$300
  • Breakfast included
Casa del Sol Machupicchu(Aguas Calientes)
$223
$1,700
$1,551
$548
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfriendly dogsmachu picchuhumming birdshot water bottlesbed and breakfaststayed longerhome away from homebreakfast and dinnertaxi rideaguas calientescusco airportthree nightscomfortable roomssouth americanearby waterfalleggskelly
Reviewed December 13, 2008

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2008

We arrived to the Green House on a motorcycle in a rainy night, following a recommendation of another traveler. Although we did not reserve a room, we got an amazing welcome from the fabulous Gabriel and Bryan and immediately fell in love with the place and with them.
The place itself is green and calm, with great view to the mountains, and the rooms are very cozy and clean. We had there the best bed in Peru and real feather blankets and the best night sleep in our whole trip! Furthermore, Gabriel cooked us delicious food and the atmosphere was so pleasant and fun! We just wanted to stay there more and more... we highly recommend this small amazing hotel and will defiantly go back!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2008

Every aspect of the Green House has been carefully planned to accommodate the most peaceful, tranquil and relaxing stay possible; from the positioning of the house itself so that the warmth of the sun can be enjoyed all day long; to the quiet meditation spot hidden around the back by the babbling stream; to the delicious, warming and wholesome food served by the fireplace.

This isn´t just a business, it is a labour of love. In creating their perfect space, the owners have created a place of beauty and atmosphere that will not only guarantee a wonderful stay, but also inspire you to think about creating your own little place of beauty and tranquillity.

From a practical perspective, the Green House is a great location from which to explore the sacred valley. Local buses are easy to use and provide easy access to Urubamba, Pisac, Cusco and Ollantaytambo. You´ll find Andean scenary, a beautiful waterfall and undisturbed local communities right on the doorstep.

A further aspect of the Green House that warmed my heart was their involvement in local charitable projects and desire to live in harmony with nature. There is a garden on-site that will soon produce organic fruit and vegetables for the guests, and I think I heard mention of a natural remedy herb garden too.

I can´t reccommend the Green House highly enough! I´ve been fortunate enough to stay in the Sacred Valley on a long-term basis and you can guarantee I will be making further trips to the Green House while I´m here.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed December 3, 2008

Cannot recommend this beautiful green gem of a place too
highly. Inside the beautiful walls are flowerbeds, clean rooms,
great food and friendly hosts.

this place was truly home for me during my stay.
I would return again, without a doubt.

• Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed December 1, 2008

It's hard to write a review for a place and people that are so exceptional, they are up there among my favorites of all time. We just lucked out finding Gabriel and Bryan's place on Trip Advisor, and booking it based on the reviews here. We loved it! We loved them! It made our visit to nearby Incan ruins more rich and memorable because we had an extremely peaceful place to come back to...a place where we could relax, write, go for walks, be with just the two of us, or socialize with the hosts and other guests with an easy and amiable flow. Much of the credit for that goes to Bryan and Gabriel. They are both naturally charming and considerate people, as well as experienced and talented hosts and cooks (yum...best vegan food I had in Peru, and they made it especially for me...Thank you!). The surrounding mountains and maize fields hold all the history, culture and beauty of the Sacred Valley. The natural adobe brick, clay stucco and red tile roof of the Green House's architecture blends in with the surroundings, yet has an enjoyably modern feel, with huge glass windows in the dining area, a crackling warm fireplace in cooler weather, a simple but elegant aesthetic in the rooms, and a fantast ically CLEAN environment. The yard is surrounded by flowers, there are hummingbirds in the garden, and we saw a gorgeous double rainbow over El Valle Sagrado that seemed to end at the Green House gate. (If I'm waxing idyllic, it's because that's how it felt.) We loved walking through the nearby fields and side roads for a chance to see the surrounding village (Huaran). It exemplifies real life in the valley, not a tourist attraction. It also feels good to stay with people who know the area, care about the community they live in, and give back to it.

By way of comparison, we also ended up at one of the fanciest places in Aguas Calientes (Inka Terra) and though it had many little luxuries (I called them the $400 shampoos), it made me glad to get back to Gabriel's and Bryan's. Maybe it was the luck of the draw, but when we stayed at the Inka Terra, they lost their electricity, their phones, and had moldy rooms. I felt like I was coming back to stay with friends at The Green House, rather than sleeping in an impersonal, if well-appointed hotel.

If you're looking to walk out of your hotel to stores and nightlife, this is not the place for you. But if you want to stay in a space and with people that nurture your body and spirit, uplift your heart, understand that your journey is an important event in your life, and with whom you can laugh and feel at home away from home...then you may also feel that you've stumbled upon the end of the rainbow here.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple