The Green House Peru
$85
$369
$287
  • Breakfast included
Casa del Sol Machupicchu(Aguas Calientes)
$284
$155
$62
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb bfriendly dogsmachu picchuhumming birdshot water bottlesbed and breakfaststayed longerhome away from homebreakfast and dinnertaxi rideaguas calientescusco airportthree nightscomfortable roomssouth americanearby waterfalleggs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had 3 generations on our trip (age 13 - 73) and half our group was feeling altitude sickness (or something) when we arrived. After the taxi ride and a rather fast paced trip to this point, my parents may have been thinking I'd planned the trooper-traveling trip from hell, but this place dispelled their worries. Very attractive and comfortable. This was a great place for those who were ready to lounge, watch hummingbirds, and play board games. Also great for those who wanted to take walks through fields to waterfall or do nearby ziplines and cultural sites. The owners are very pleasant and the food is terrific. Lovely rural setting--perfect complement to a later stay in Ollantaytambo.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The Green House is a must on your way to Machu Picchu. I would call it staying with Brian and Gabriel. The home and the property are absolutely beautiful but it is the warm and kind attention that makes the stay here so special.
The rooms are simple yet well decorated and very clean. The garden is gorgeous and extremely well kept. Breakfast was delicious and I highly recommend you sign up for the dinner. Not only are the meals amazing but certainly convenient.
The Green House is off the beaten path which gives the traveler the opportunity to experience the real Peru. At Brian's suggestion we rode the bus (5 mins ride) to Urubamba and it was a wonderful experience to be among the locals. The walk up to the Waterfall with Laika, the dog, was priceless.
If anyone is going to Peru, You MUST stay with these gentlemen. They are charming and warm and you will absolutely thank me!
Also: Very reasonable prices and stay an extra day so you can enjoy the nearby attractions or just relax.

Enjoy!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I enjoyed my stay very much. Brian and Gabriel are very thoughtful and doing their life purpose. They know what makes people happy and make your stay very welcoming. I will be back.....
Hot water bottle the best ever.....

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Bryan and Gabriel are the most accommodating and pleasant hosts we had a pleasure to have met. The Green House is a beautiful home-like establishment. Our room was on the second floor and loved everything... the bed, bathroom, cleanliness, on and on. The hosts made sure we could find our ways around the ruins and they also called the cab for us to return after day of exploring the Sacred Valley. They got up at 5 am to fix our breakfast because we had to catch an early train to Machu Picchu. Their three dogs were very loving, too.

The reservation process was without a hitch. We sent the deposit via Paypal. Bryan provided details about their location. We took taxi from Cusco to Calca where the Green House is located. The taxi was arranged by the hotel where we stayed in Cusco and it cost 140 soles because we stopped and spent some time at the Pisac Market.

I have to say the hot water bottle that kept our bed warm was the most wonderful thing I've experienced. The host put it under the cover before we came back to the room after dinner. I held onto it all night.

Thanks, Bryan and Gabriel, for such a wonderful experience in the Sacred Valley.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2013

What can I say, from the moment you walk into this B&B you are in heaven. From the view through the glass windows of the most beautiful mountains to the hospitality of Bryan and Gabriel. Spent 4 days there and didn't want to leave. The food was delicious, the rooms lovely down to the surprise hot water bottle in my bed that made it so nice to snuggle in. Loved chatting with the other guests as well because it feels like home. Will definitely go back. And it's in the middle of the Sacred Valley which makes it perfect for getting to all the sites. And last but not least, the 3 dogs made me miss my own less. Loved snuggling by the fire with them.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family