“Excellent food in a stunning setting”
Review of Huaca Pucllana

Huaca Pucllana
Ranked #61 of 2,897 Restaurants in Lima
Cuisines: Peruvian, International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Miraflores
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I can't think of a more magical evening than a dinner outside on the patio of the Huaca Pucllana, looking out on the lighted ruins of a 1500-year-old adobe pyramid. In the year we spent in Lima, we always took visitors there on the last night of their visit, usually after spending the day in the Museo Larco so they could first get an idea of where the Lima civilization fit into the other pre-Incan civilizations. We loved the green and white asparagus appetizer and the skewers of paiche, and Amazonian fish that breathes air and grows to enormous size.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,510)

Reviewed March 5, 2014

The food in this restaurant is divine. I had the ceviche to start and it was the nicest ceviche I have ever had. The rest of the food was really good too and the service was excellent. Most of the seating is outside but with a canopy or umbrellas. Book if you are going in the evening. I was in Lima for a week and couldn't get a reservation for dinner. However I was able to have lunch without a reservation although the restaurant did get quite full. This restaurant was recommended to me and I am glad I went, it was absolutely delicious!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

On our last night in Peru we were invited to join some locals at Huaca Pucllana. Its a fantastic setting for a fun night with friends and we all had a really enjoyable time sharing several starters and mains amongst our table. There is a great atmosphere both in the restaurant and outside on the terrace. The food was delicious, the company was great and Pisco sours are dangerous (",)

Reviewed March 4, 2014

A group of us on a business trip were in search of a restaurant for our final meal in Lima. Several people suggested the Huaca Pucllana.

Located on the edge of a substantial pre-Incan Archeological Dig in the Miraflores district of Lima, it is a unique and unforgettable setting. The digs, great mounds of adobe brick, are low-lit at night to create a warm, slightly ethereal atmosphere. Our group sat on the outside terrace, which was very comfortable in March, and the 1500 year old ruins were the backdrop. After dinner you can, if you wish, take a tour of the site.

The service was warm and welcoming. The wait staff spoke enough English and they have menues in both English and in Spanish. The food, as others have noted was very good, but not really outstanding in any particular fashion. The Quinoa salad was crisp and fresh tasting. Those of our party that had the Guinea Pig appeatizer were pleased. My grilled Alpaca steak was moist and tender. Several people had an Amazon Freshwater fish that was moist and tender, though a bit bland.

The cost was not outrageous, but definitely on the úpscale' side of things. But you are paying for the setting...and THAT was definitely full value!! A MOST memorable finale' to our time in Peru.

1  Thank Diplokeith
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I enjoyed my time here but the food is not spectacular. I had many better meals, but the setting and service can't be beat. It is definitely worth going--perhaps at lunch.