“Dinner Among the Ruins”

Cuisines: Peruvian, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Neighborhood: Miraflores
Reviewed October 18, 2013

On our first night in Lima we enjoyed dinner here overlooking the Huaca Pucllana ruins for which the restaurant is named. Service was attentive but not overbearing. I had the sea bass which was perfectly done. My husband had the cerbiche and another fish dish which he enjoyed. Our friends had the pasta and the Peruvian chowder which they each said were very good. The chowder was served with a fried egg on top. For desert we shared the Chocolate that was served in a flower pot. It was rich and delicious with a very unique presentation. The highlight is sitting on the outdoor terrace overlooking the illuminated ruins. There are heaters strategically placed throughout for chilly nights although the evening we were there was pleasant. The hostess can arrange for a 20 minute nighttime partial tour of the ruins (you cannot climb to the top at night for safety reasons) for 12 soles per person (approx. $4). We did the English tour following dinner which was a special way to cap off a wonderful evening of food, views and history.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,458)

Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

It's not every day you get to have dinner surrounded by pre-incan ruins, and it truly was beautiful! This would be an amazing place for a romantic dinner or to truly make an impression. We enjoyed our ceviche and our
tamales and the homemade breads with onion and bacon. Our entrees were a bit more disappointing but still very tasty. We had some traditional dishes and had expected something different. Overall though I'd go back but would pick different entrees.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was going solo and arrived before 7. Luckily they let me wait at the bar and then get dinner at 7. I would highly recommend getting a reservation as they filled up quickly and appeared other people who did not have a reservation were turned away.

The food was amazing, some of the best I've had and most entrees and desserts were around 35-50 soles ($15 US dollars). I had the roasted baby goat + potatoes and it was one of the best entrees I've had.

The dessert was even better as I had the Andean Grains + Berries with coconut yogurt ice cream. All in one bowl with hot grains/berries on the outside and the cold ice cream in the middle.

My only minor complaint is that they added in a charge of 15 or 20 soles for bread/service which I didn't see noted and didn't know until I got my bill.

Atmosphere is great too, especially if outside like I was. You are on the ruins and they have small hot coals/fires scattered about the dining area to keep you warm.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I'd researched this place before leaving the States, and couldn't believe how neat it looked. A buddy and I walked from near the Miraflores shore and didn't have any issues finding Huaca Pucllana on foot. We arrived early and saw what we could of the pyramids and surrounding neighborhood. When we were seated we got one of the excellent outside tables staring right at the lit pyramids. The food (alpaca steaks) was very good, prices were fair, the pisco was sour and the scenery was out of this world. You owe it to yourself to add Huaca Pucllana to your itinerary.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Fantastic location, it really is amazing, overlooking the Incan site. The food is a delight, I ate shrimp and salmon and it really was superb. There's quite an extensive menu, wine and drinks list. There was something for everyone. Price on the high side, but well worth it.