“Go for the view alone!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Huaca Pucllana

Huaca Pucllana
Ranked #36 of 2,441 Restaurants in Lima
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Miraflores
Riverside, California
“Go for the view alone!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

The location of this restaurant is amazing! So gorgeous. Even if the food were terrible this would still be a must. However, the food was quite good and the service was fine. They have English menus, although as far as I could tell we were the only English speakers there. Get reservations as we were there on a Tuesday night and it was packed. Sit on the patio. This upscale restaurant, with the 1,500-year-old pyramid, was my husband's favorite part of Lima.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Great Barrington, Massachusetts
“One of the Most Spectacular Restaurants in Lima”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

The setting is amongst ancient ruins in Lima. Make sure to get a table outside. I take small groups of travelers to Peru and I make sure to take the group to Huaca Pucllana each time we visit Lima. We usually start off with a Pisco Sour, move onto the appetizers like Tokapu where the diner may choose a combination of any four appetizers on the menu like blue crab claws, corn tamales, broiled scallops, or yucca spirals.

For the main course, most people in the groups I take to Huaca Pucllana favor the fish, especially the trout, or paiche filet from the Amazon.

It is an impressive place, that I recommend you put on your list when visiting Lima.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Impersonal service with a one of a kind view.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Peruvian fusion food was good, not great; however, eating dinner almost on the steps of one of Peru's impressive archeological sites is mind boggling.

The presentation was impressive but the food was just O.K.

The service was below par. It felt as though our table of just two were almost a bother in comparison to the attention the larger tables got.

Always had to hunt down our server and ask for more bread, another beer, dessert, etc.

Also had too many "suits" (managers?) standing around doing nothing.

Placentia, California
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

While on my City Sightseeing tour we passed this restaurant and the tour guide pointed it out as a must for great Peruvian food. After the tour, I grabbed a cab and headed over there. For some reason I didn't anticipate it to be quite as fancy as t was. Oh well. The waiters didn't speak very much English, but I managed with my broken Spanish. I ordered the garden salad and the aji de gallina for lunch. I am, by no means a carnivore, frankly I sway much more to the vegetarian side, but figured I had to order a Peruvian classic. I'm so happy I did, as the aji de gallina was amazing. The sauce had just enough kick for this white girl and the chicken was cooked perfectly. I really didn't know what to expect, but ended up with an amazing lunch.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Wonderful food and atmosphere...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

What a wonderful restaurant. Highly recommend. Upscale dining, but extremely relaxing atmosphere. The restaurant has both inside and outside dining. The outside dining is under a large "awning-style" roof that has a view of a live-dig archaeological site from the 5th century. The food and drink selection was excellent. If you enjoy fish, especially sushi style, do have the ceviche (seh-VEE-chay)...jus tfantastic, tasty, and not too heavy or filling. Of course you will have had or need to have a Pisco Sour drink...simple, but traditional. Much the way a Mojito is in Brazil.
The menu has many options, but I tend to try the local dishes whenever possible. Do not shy away from the "cuy"...(Guinea Pig). They do a light frying and it comes looking more like nuggets and is not the entire animal. (Although I am sure that is available in Lima as well).
A wonderful restaurant and atmosphere. Upscale, but the price won't shock you as the same meal might in New York City or elsewhere.

Visited November 2012