“Fabulous food and view”
Review of Cala Restaurante

Cala Restaurante
Ranked #43 of 2,652 Restaurants in Lima
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Barranco
Description: Al pie del mar, un restaurante de primer nivel con capacidad para 400 personas en tres diferentes ambientes. Su variada y bien cuidada carta, un mestizaje de sabores, viene recreando el paladar de miles de comensales desde el 2007. Elegido por la guía Summun dentro del TOP TEN de Perú desde sus inicios. Cala es un punto de referencia gastronómica para limeños y turistas que nos visitan a diario.
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

This place is fab! With a spectacular view of the ocean, you can sit back and relax in the shade. Enjoy their wonderful sushi and have a cocktail with it.

There are newer reviews for Cala Restaurante

Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

My first time here.. I loved the spiced crabs and the maracuja pisco.. (Passion fruit)
We also had a could aperizers and other seafood apetizers..

Everything was great.. I will return.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

We were seated quite early (6:30 p.m.). There were 2 waiters waiting on the outdoor deck facing the ocean. I came with my partner. Our waiter was VERY surly toward us. Then he went back to the server station and I overheard him telling the other server, in Spanish, that he begrudgingly had to wait on the two homosexual males (i'm putting it in nice terms...the actual translation was much more vulgar) sitting on the patio. The service was already very bad by this point but when I heard this I just got so mad and told my partner we were leaving. We proceeded out the door and asked for a manager so we could pay for the 2 drinks we had ordered. The other waiter saw us storming out and tried to convince us to stay. I told him in Spanish that I had overheard the other waiter and that we were pretty upset at the service up until that point (30 minutes to order drinks and get our drinks to us). But the other waiter convinced us that our experience would be much better with him.

We ended up staying as it was a chore to even get a taxi down to where this restaurant sits on the cliff. The other waiter lived up to his promise and provided much better service. The kitchen was ungodly slow though. We got our first app 35 minutes after ordering and our mains about 45 minutes after ordering them. And this was while the restaurant was dead.

The octopus appetizer was excellent and the mains were good but not phenomenal in any way.

Overall, this place left a bad place in our mouth (no pun intended). Way too many great places to patronize in Lima without having to deal with all of this crap.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

This restaurant in Lima is situated up on the bluffs in Montefiore, and with a table by the ocean, you have a great view of the coastline ----as well as watching the pelicans feed in the surf.
The food is excellent-----when we ordered the "chicken soup", we received a bowl that would have fed a family of six!!. The noodle seafood paella is out of this world!! Taste of this dish is like nothing I have ever had before---Scrumptious!!
The desserts are also outstanding. Service is more than adequate. Will not hesitate to visit this restaurant again on my next trip back to Lima

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Quiet and nice environment. The food is really good, I had the sharing entrée "Criollo" which is a great way to go if you are not sure of what to order but you like war fish.