“Best Peruvian-Japanes fusion”
Review of Osaka - MOVED

Osaka
Cuisines: Japanese, Peruvian, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Isidro
“Best Peruvian-Japanes fusion”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Innovative and with one of the best services in Lima. Whether for business or pleasure one of my best options. Do not fill yourself with makis, the nigiris are wonderful and the entrees spectacular. Pato Mochero and Paiche are stars on the menu.

• Visited December 2013

• Thai first
New York City, New York
“Peruvian Japanese Fusion at its Finest!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Managed to get a reservation here at the last minute thanks to our concierge at the hotel. I'm a huge Japanese foodie and this was mind-blowingly awesome. Nothing about this is traditional Japanese in any sense, and the mixture of powerful Peruvian sauces with exquisitely fresh Japanese fish was totally new to me.

My friend and I were still full from our previous meal at Chez Wong, so we stopped by on the way to the airport to get a last-minute meal in. Our hotel set us up with a free cocktail coupon and I would have gladly paid for many more.

Here's what we ordered:

1 Evil Scallops (not the dish on fire)
1 Flaming Scallops (don't remember the name, just ask for the one on fire)
1 Tuna Sashimi w/ Sauce
1 Three flavors of the Amazon dessert (maybe not the official name, but what it tasted like)

The scallop dishes were so rich and buttery both were outstanding. As I already mentioned, the tuna is a MUST and the dessert was a Japanese treatment of Panna Cotta infused with the flavors of Peru. Very very highly recommended.

The prices were a bargain at ~$25/person for such incredible food.

The ambiance gets 4/5 for a cool Japanese-inspired seating area in the back and lively sushi bar makes it a cool scene.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Retto22
New York City, New York
“Amazing food !”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We went there on a thursday night, we didnt have to wait and we have been seating at the sushi bar ! We had an amazing night, my boyfriend and I ! The coktails were so good with fresh fruits and ginger ! The fish was REALLY fresh, we couldnt decide which one we loved the most. The wasabi and the sweet sauce were also really good. It is an amazing restaurant, we had a blast. It is a bit expensive for Peru but it worthed it, believe me !

• Visited November 2013
Cajamarca, Peru
“Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Food was spectacular, atmosphere was delightful. My only complaint is they don't offer more traditional sushi on the menu, but they were happy to accommodate my requests when asked. They also managed to fit us in on a busy night even though we didn't have a reservation

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Sarah W
Clifton, New Jersey
“Got poisoned by their sushi! Terrible!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Well... After some research online my husband and I decided to have a dinner on 19th of October 2013 UN Osaka restaurant... That was a VERY VERY big mistake!... First of all, it was very cold there... The girl at the entrance was doing nothing for the whole evening, was bored out of her mind and had nothing but the attitude and nasty looks at our table! I am not kidding!... I felt very uncomfortable, she was watching us for the whole evening!... When the napkin accidentally fell on the floor, she looked at it and didn't even move!... She waited 10 minutes for the waiter to see it and finally pick it up!... What an attitude and arrogance! It was outrageous!... Second, I send a few dishes back because they were not even close to the quality I expected... Not tasty at all, small and too expensive!... Then they brought me the wrong order of sushi with salmon... I decided not to say anything, eat the sushi and go back to the hotel finally because I was a absolutely fed up with all the problems ans dissapointment at that moment... Well... That was another big mistake of mine... After dinner I woke up at 5 in the morning feeling like I am dying!... I had terrible pains, cramps, diarrhea!... I had temperature 39 for 2 days and such a painful achy felling in every cell, muscle and bone of my body! I was throwing up for hours so bad that my whole chest hurt for the next few days after that. I really thought that I will end up in a hospital for the rest of the week of our vacation in Lima!... Thanks God my husband didn't eat the sushi, so he, the doctor from the hotel and the whole hotel stuff of Hilton were taking care of me trying to keep me alive... Let me say, that of course I had food poisoning before in my life... but nothing, NOTHING, was even close to what I went through after dinner in Osaka!... I never, NEVER, felt myself as bad as I did then!... It took me 2 days to finally stood on my feet! I am sorry for the details, but I just want to stop people from taking such a big risk!... Please, if you can don't... It is not worth your health!... Go to the other place... There are so many other choices!... I absolutely hate that place and what their food did to me, my health and 2 days of me dying in my bed during my vacation in Peru! These place should be closed immediately!!!!!! I hope somebody from that restaurant reads my review and what happened to me! Restaurant Osaka in one of the worst experiences of my life!!!!!!!!!!!! Please, don't go there!!!!!!!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank MayaTurner
sandybs_, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Osaka, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Maya, kind regards.

First of all, we are sorry to learn about your experience in Osaka. Besides offering high quality dishes, our highest priority is to provide a good service to our customers.

We remember your presence in our establishment, and have tracked your visit because the Hitlton itself recommends our restaurant to its guest. You and your husband were sitted at the terrace, far away from the hostess.

We wish we had learn about your bad treatment at the time it occurred, to offer an apology and improve your stay, but for now we regret to contradict you in the treatment of our staff, because they all are extremly well trained to offer the best experience to our costumers. Nonetheless, we will now pay more attention to their performance.

Regarding the food, we assure you that all of the fish we use are of the day. We have cold stores where we ensure that all inputs are saved properly. Everything we use is fresh and our quality control is constant.

Once again, we are sorry to hear about your experience and food poisoning. We hope you can come to Perú one more time to enjoy our great culture, scenery and gastronomy. If that is the case, please let us know and we would happily have you back and treat you as we accustomed.