“Amazing food !”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Osaka - MOVED

Osaka
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: San Isidro
New York City, New York
“Amazing food !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

We went there on a thursday night, we didnt have to wait and we have been seating at the sushi bar ! We had an amazing night, my boyfriend and I ! The coktails were so good with fresh fruits and ginger ! The fish was REALLY fresh, we couldnt decide which one we loved the most. The wasabi and the sweet sauce were also really good. It is an amazing restaurant, we had a blast. It is a bit expensive for Peru but it worthed it, believe me !

• Visited November 2013

• Thai first
Cajamarca, Peru
“Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Food was spectacular, atmosphere was delightful. My only complaint is they don't offer more traditional sushi on the menu, but they were happy to accommodate my requests when asked. They also managed to fit us in on a busy night even though we didn't have a reservation

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Sarah W
Clifton, New Jersey
“Got poisoned by their sushi! Terrible!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Well... After some research online my husband and I decided to have a dinner on 19th of October 2013 UN Osaka restaurant... That was a VERY VERY big mistake!... First of all, it was very cold there... The girl at the entrance was doing nothing for the whole evening, was bored out of her mind and had nothing but the attitude and nasty looks at our table! I am not kidding!... I felt very uncomfortable, she was watching us for the whole evening!... When the napkin accidentally fell on the floor, she looked at it and didn't even move!... She waited 10 minutes for the waiter to see it and finally pick it up!... What an attitude and arrogance! It was outrageous!... Second, I send a few dishes back because they were not even close to the quality I expected... Not tasty at all, small and too expensive!... Then they brought me the wrong order of sushi with salmon... I decided not to say anything, eat the sushi and go back to the hotel finally because I was a absolutely fed up with all the problems ans dissapointment at that moment... Well... That was another big mistake of mine... After dinner I woke up at 5 in the morning feeling like I am dying!... I had terrible pains, cramps, diarrhea!... I had temperature 39 for 2 days and such a painful achy felling in every cell, muscle and bone of my body! I was throwing up for hours so bad that my whole chest hurt for the next few days after that. I really thought that I will end up in a hospital for the rest of the week of our vacation in Lima!... Thanks God my husband didn't eat the sushi, so he, the doctor from the hotel and the whole hotel stuff of Hilton were taking care of me trying to keep me alive... Let me say, that of course I had food poisoning before in my life... but nothing, NOTHING, was even close to what I went through after dinner in Osaka!... I never, NEVER, felt myself as bad as I did then!... It took me 2 days to finally stood on my feet! I am sorry for the details, but I just want to stop people from taking such a big risk!... Please, if you can don't... It is not worth your health!... Go to the other place... There are so many other choices!... I absolutely hate that place and what their food did to me, my health and 2 days of me dying in my bed during my vacation in Peru! These place should be closed immediately!!!!!! I hope somebody from that restaurant reads my review and what happened to me! Restaurant Osaka in one of the worst experiences of my life!!!!!!!!!!!! Please, don't go there!!!!!!!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank MayaTurner
sandybs_, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Osaka, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Maya, kind regards.

First of all, we are sorry to learn about your experience in Osaka. Besides offering high quality dishes, our highest priority is to provide a good service to our customers.

We remember your presence in our establishment, and have tracked your visit because the Hitlton itself recommends our restaurant to its guest. You and your husband were sitted at the terrace, far away from the hostess.

We wish we had learn about your bad treatment at the time it occurred, to offer an apology and improve your stay, but for now we regret to contradict you in the treatment of our staff, because they all are extremly well trained to offer the best experience to our costumers. Nonetheless, we will now pay more attention to their performance.

Regarding the food, we assure you that all of the fish we use are of the day. We have cold stores where we ensure that all inputs are saved properly. Everything we use is fresh and our quality control is constant.

Once again, we are sorry to hear about your experience and food poisoning. We hope you can come to Perú one more time to enjoy our great culture, scenery and gastronomy. If that is the case, please let us know and we would happily have you back and treat you as we accustomed.
Rutherford, New Jersey
“Sushi with a Peruvian flavor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

The atmosphere in this restaurant is relaxed, with music in the background, it feels like you could just sit at the bar with friends. The fish is fresh and has some interesting twists to the usual sushi rolls we were used to. The portions are large for the appetizers and the special rolls are regular size (about 10 pieces- ask your waiter). We asked our waiter for suggestions and were very pleased with both our food and our drinks. I would definitely come back here. Prices were not bad for a nice sushi place- appetizers in "soles" were 30-40's, rolls were in the mid 40's, one of their special mixed drinks was 36 soles but prices varied widely, most were cheaper.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Maria V
Hamilton, Canada
“Reservations suggested!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Three of us had dinner at Osaka's last night. We arrived after 9 pm on a Wednesday night and we were lucky to be seated at the sushi bar . The place was busy but the staff was not hectic. My daughter had seen a review of the restaurant and wanted to try the Japanese/ Peruvian /Fusion dishes. I greatly enjoyed my Hot spicy shrimp dish wile the others feasted on some tasty ribs ( without bones ).

• Visited September 2013