“5 star service and food!”
Review of Astrid & Gaston

Astrid & Gaston
Ranked #61 of 3,450 Restaurants in Lima
Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Isidro
Description: Peruvian restaurant where creativity, quality, integration and commitment converge. Tasting menu is only served from 13:00 to 14:30 and from 19:00 to 22:30
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

This is 5 star treatment and quality. From the minute you walk in, you feel as if you have arrived. Great place to experience a romantic dinner.

Date of visit: August 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (5,371)

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

I have no idea what the other reviews are talking about because I will forever dream about my meal like it was my last supper.

We had a reservation for lunch and we had the honor to have Franklin (you’re the man, Franklin) as our server. We decided to not go with the 15 course because we know ourselves pretty well... we would have needed to be carried out in a wheel chair after eating everything.

So we ordered as appetizers (recommended by Franklin, you are still the man) the tuna tartare with the wasabi ice cream and hummus, the basket of homemade breads and with a side of a variety of butters, and the cuy pekinés. The tuna tartare was good, if you combine all the ingredients together with the wasabi and hummus and the rest, every bite becomes very flavorful. The breads were good too, I personally loved any bread with the avocado butter. Now the cuy..... I’ve never ate a guinea pig in my life because I find them adorable and I still have that internal conflict, but that’s another story. However, I ate one. It might literally be one of the best things I’ve eaten. The whole combination of ingredients, just every bite was amazing.

For the entrees, also recommendations by Franklin, my mother had the sartén de lomito al jugo (beef tenderloin) and I ordered the cochinillo confitado (roasted pig confit).
How do I explain this.... I tend to be over dramatic so bear with me...

Have you ever felt the embodiment of love hug your in the most gentle yet passionate way? Well I felt that... but with my taste buds. I’m just going to leave it at that.

And finally for desert, the cacao route, which are four types of chocolate mousse from different areas from Peru. That was mainly fun since we had to guess which mousse was which.

When it came to the prize, honestly for us, we were expecting it to be like this based on the quality of the food, the popularity, and the service. It was ver much worth it.
Overall we had an amazing experience. It was our first day in Lima and this lunch was just the cherry on top.

PS: The bathroom design is the weirdest yet most interesting thing I’ve seen. I just wanted to mention that.

PSS: Franklin, you are still the man.

1  Thank mrodri29
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

One of the best experience and food we had in a restaurant. The service was superb and the recommendations on point. We each had a different drink and both were great. We had tuna tartare and one that had guinea as starters and the tiradito for one and cochinito everything was amazingly good. For dessert we had the chocolate road and it was fun pairing the flavors with the type of chocolate. I won and they brought us additional treats. So we were super full. I would definitely come back. BTW the bathrooms are very interesting don’t go without visiting.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

It is not often that one gets to eat at a restaurant whose chef is a national legend. Gaston Acurio has been recently recognized by the President of Peru for his efforts in promoting Peruvian cuisine. This is the signature restaurant and needs to be booked well in advance. And of course it is very expensive.

If you have not tried guinea pig (coy in Peru), then this is probably the best place to get introduced to this Peruvian delicacy. The dish is called Cuy Pekines and is bite sized and very tasty. There are choices for the Cebiches and we chose the Classico with seabass and it was excellent. I believe it is the tiger milk (lime based sauce), which makes the difference for a good ceviche. The beef dish which we really enjoyed was the Sarten de Lomito Al Jugo - beef tenderloin with rice and potatoes. The dessert was the equivalent of the chocolate bomb but made to look like the Peruvian fruit lucuma.

The menu changes with the season.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

The restaurant is the best in Peru, so it has been qualified for some years in the international media. It is the emblem of exquisites of Gaston Acurio, the famous Peruvian chef. The place is located in what was the hacienda of San Isidro, the eighteenth century, surrounded by the oldest olive trees in Peru. The experience of eating there is excellent, with a tasting menu that has more than 10 dishes of food, which allow to know many flavors and combinations of Peruvian products, which is their specialty. The desserts are also delicious, made with products from Peru.

Date of visit: September 2017