“Outstanding B&B” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 301 Lima B&B and Inns
Miami, Florida
“Outstanding B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at this B&B twice this summer. Their kindness, warmth and outstanding service made our introduction and farewell to Peru a memorable one.
They made us feel like part of the family. Without hesitation I consider this the best B&B experience I've ever had.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Michelle M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

Pros:
-Simple and secure way to reserve a bedroom.Provide your flight details to Mrs. Myriam and she will confirm availability of their rooms.I did not need to provide any credit card info to get my reservation done. Just the fact she confirmed politely the availability made me feel secure, plus exchanging emails with her was like asking a favor to a friend.
-Good price. Transportation from/to airport and breakfast were included.
-Good breakfast. Fresh coffee, fruits, bread, yogurt.
-Clean and comfortable bedroom. TV with cable, private bathroom.
-Free WIFI.
-Close to the airport. About 20 mins.
-Pleasant @home stay.

Cons.:
-Since other foreigner probably might arrive to Peru in the same flights, the hotel arranges the pick up service for everybody as a set. Means? After passing all the migration controls and after a 25hour-flight from Japan I had to wait at the airport for extra 40 mins. till the others show up. I was exhausted so I had to request "please take me first and then comeback for the others later". Pretty understandable trying to gather all the guests in just one ride, BUT being exhausted is also a good reason to be considered next time.

-Rooms facing the main street might be a bit noisy for people with light sleep.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank javicoev
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

This place should be rated higher as it seems to be also called B&B El Tigre. I can only echo the other comments. For a one night stop over this is an excellent choice. Enrique met me at the airport and later picked up my kids from the airport as they were arriving separately. I would not have been comfortable with them arranging a taxi from the airport at midnight. Enrique showed me his secret - being only a 10 minute drive away he waits until the flight shows up as having landed on the airport website and then hops in his car. He has a very comfortable newer car which was superior to most of the taxis we took in Peru. As others have said, Enrique and Miriam as well as their daughter were extremely friendly and very helpful in terms of getting us oriented. However, it must be kept in mind that this is a home and not a four star hotel. The router was older and I couldn't connect with my iPad. So I used the guest computer provided which worked just fine. It got fairly cold at night and there was no central heating or heater near the rooms. The beds were quite warm and cozy however. There were the typical early morning noises such as a rooster crowing but it didn't bother us. The breakfast was the best we had in Peru. The neighborhood is very safe if not too exciting. For more than a one night stay, getting around to the sites and restaurants would be harder so this would probably not be the ideal location. But I figure after taking into consideration cab fare downtown and breakfast our stay here was almost free!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank sixtysix66_66_66
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

This quiet and comfortable B&B is perfect for that brief overnight stay in Lima. Very convenient to the airport, just a 15 minute ride, in a quiet neighbourhood. The two cosy rooms (each with bathroom) are on the ground floor and you also have your own kitchen, dining and lounge area with internet. The owners live upstairs and they are so welcoming and helpful, but also allow you privacy. Breakfast is great and on one of our two visits it was there waiting for us at 3.15am! They even scoured the shops for gluten-free bread for us without us asking. Stay here, you won't regret it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank plmn
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

For the price its a great choice. 60 USD (for two people) included comfortable beds, a great breakfast and collection and drop off from the airport. Incredible value and perfect service from this lovely family. Look no further.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jeffpeters
maui
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stayed there two nights, one coming into peru and one leaving. They are helpful, provide a clean and welcoming environment with an excellent american style breakfast - nothing to fear. My spanish is lame but we communicated just fine.

I want to add that that on my return pass I got to know the family and the area little better. There is a large chicken take out - Norkys - around the corner and the quality is on par with anyplace in the states. I invited Kiki and his family to share a family pack back at the house. Turns out they lived in japan for 7 years and their 12 yo daughter is a genius and has skipped a couple of grades! Also, I don't think its an unsafe area if you want to wander around the block to buy some snacks and a beer - just be careful crossing the main street....

Room Tip: I had the back room which would have slept three in a queen and a single. TV in the room with spanis...