“Excellent meal”

Neighborhood: Miraflores
Calgary
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

As we were staying in Miraflores we felt we should treat ourselves to a relatively pricey restaurant.

Our hotel recommended Alfresco and ti did not disappoint. Some reviewers complained about the service however we did not find that to be the case. The waiters were professional, helpful and seemed to switch up over the meal. This may have been because some of them spoke/understood English better than others but regardless they were all good.

The meal was excellent - we highly recommend the cerviche 4 ways!! It is a lot for two to share when also ordering a main course but we did it anyway.

My husband had the sea bass in a cream sauce and I had the tuna in coconut sauce with asparagus!! Both were fantastic, my tuna was cooked perfectly to the rare side. With a moderately priced bottle of wine and the dishes above our meal came to about the equivalent to $100.00 US. Rather high to the prices we had paid for most of our trip but still worth it as a treat!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York
“Saucy”
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

pretty good but too much sauce for my taste. Just across the street from radisson decapolis. The front desk at the hotel recommended this restaurant as we had just arrived in Peru and wanted a light dinner. We got the ceviche sampler, of which we liked two of the four- classic and the green one (can't remember the name). We also ordered fish, nice but a lot of sauce.

Sarasota, Florida
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were a bit concerned after reading some of the other reviews; however, our experience was excellent in all respects. The welcome and the service were both very friendly. The food--robalo and swordfish dishes--were both wonderfully presented and delicious. The prices were well within bounds for the quality provided. There was no cover charge.

1 Thank sarandi2
“A show stopper in more ways than one”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I stopped at this restaurant upon numerous recommendations of locals and guides. We were expecting to be blown away by the amazing ceviche and hospitality. We were quickly seated in the corner and our waiter came by almost immediately. He did not seem to have any patience with my Spanish so I broke down and spoke in English. He seemed very rushed (for our drink orders) so to make things easy I stuck with water. The menu had many things that we didn't recognize from the states so we had a lot of questions and he was not having it. He was not even trying to hide his disdain with us. He seemed to be so frustrated that he walked away and sent over another waiter (lucky for us). Our new waiter was happy to explain the different ceviche options and give us some recommendations. Once the food came out we were very impressed with the presentation and everything tasted phenomenal.

The bill was much like all of the other restaurants that we ate at in Peru. About $240 Peruvian soles. We felt like it was worth it though because the food was outstanding! That was until later that evening when it appeared that I had a case of food poisioning! Hence the show stopper, I was unable to enjoy part of my vacation due to this restaurant. To add insult to injury, our original (very rude and unpatient) waiter came to collect our check and the tip which was intended for our other amazing waiter.

All I can say is proceed with caution!

Jensen Beach, Florida
“Unexpected experience”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This was a stop off place for lunch on one of Lima Vision Tours. As I am always a little skeptical of lunch offerings my wife and I expected a not so palatable selection. How far wrong were we. The so called Tourist Menu started with a traditional Pisco Sour, appetizer, main meal and desert. The potato and Advocado appetizer was wonderfully presented, and even better tasting. Two Stars now, the main meal I chose was the mixed Seafood Soup, this was without a doubt the best that I have tasted, and there have been many, Octopus, Calamari, Shrimp, Corvina, Lobster all in a very tasty soup. Three Stars, the desert was a Passion Fruit Pie, delightfully presented and even more tastier. All in all a five star restaurant. We have booked for dinner next Monday, 1/21/13. Don't miss this truly wonderful restaurant.

1 Thank scouser1077