“Didn't really enjoy the experience”
Review of Atlantic City

Atlantic City
Ranked #82 of 317 things to do in Lima
Type: Other
Reviewed November 15, 2016

Lima is full of casinos so we did go to several and each one had a different atmosphere. I did appreciate the nonsmoking in the casino which is great for the people who don't smoke. We felt like the slot machines were very crowded together and also the payout wasn't as good as the other casinos. We enjoyed our time at La Hacienda Casino better.

Reviewed August 18, 2016 via mobile

Amazing quality silly finch menu for about 50 soles. With proper birthday I'D, they provided a large cake with candles.

The host and servers are extra sweet and professional snd made me feel like royalty!

The semi circle booths are romantic, but you sink quite deeply, though still very comfortable.

Ample in door parking and elevators .

Real treat while I'm Miraflores!

Reviewed July 23, 2016

First time in Lima, Peru area and i decided to check out the poker scene at Atlantic city. The staff and players were friendly and welcoming , and help me understand the basics of poker language in spanish and slight differences in play. I really recommend checking out the poker room if you play cash or tournaments, and i only played cash that night. I'll be back for sure ;)

Reviewed June 1, 2016 via mobile

Loved the bar on the second floor. Got to practice my Spanish with Issac and Angelo. They make great martinis and other local drink suggestions. Had the vegetarian ravioli it was delicious. Thank you guys for making the night!

See more reviews
Reviewed May 21, 2015

What's something that's worse than enforcing a dress code at a casino? Why, not telling someone upfront that's what you're doing. That's the only thing I figured could be possibly wrong in being blocked by doormen from entering, but their question was only "Do you want to play mechanical games or table games?" Is there a right answer? Why do they need to know that? I said it could be both or neither (a smart player sizes up odds at, say, a blackjack table based on the house's rules, number of decks, etc. Ditto for video poker.).

I had on a collared shirt and knee-length shorts. Had been to the place two years ago and the visit was totally dull and uneventful...some walking around and looking, a small amount of playing, maybe $5 net loss. No way they remembered me personally from that. But they wouldn't come out and say they were enforcing some dress code and there was no signage to that effect, even though it was Saturday night.

Fiesta Casino across the street had no such problems and everything was fine with them. From my previous visits I know Atlantic City tries to be the local size king, and though it wouldn't be top 20 in New Jersey or top 50 in Las Vegas, being on top in Miraflores is what matters. Some games might even be playable (i.e. house not trying to take too much odds advantage on the rules). While there are people who bemoan the demise of dress codes out there (and probably get their news from Fox ;)), I'd suggest to management they consult with brethren in the real Atlantic City over why they stopped turning away people like that in the late 70s and early 80s...they'll probably hear that doing so was determined to lose more business than it gained.

And so that's what happened here. Maybe your luck is better and you go at a less-fussy time or, better, try less-fussy alternatives. I've actually been to a casino that was even MORE fussy over clothes, demanding long-sleeve batik shirts (Genting in Malaysia), but they were very upfront about it. Not being transparent about policies just compounds the dissatisfaction potential.