“Good Little Hotel”

Ranked #137 of 226 Hotels in Lima
Garden City, New York
“Good Little Hotel”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We spent 2 days in Lima and found the prices at the Grand Betsy to be reasonable and liked the fact that they had a/c (surprisingly a lot of places we looked at did not!). The hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff were helpful and the area was safe. This is a good place to stay for those traveling on a budget.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Terrence M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I look for a long time in Lima for an afortable place with air conditioning. I stay 10 days in grand hotel Betsy and I enjoy my stay there. The staff is friendly. Small but clean room, fridge, microwave, little continental breakfast in the morning. Safe neighbourhood, nice location. Only complaint the safe box doesn't work in all the rooms but they offer me to keep my passeport in the safe in their office.
Quiet place but around 5 or 6 AM you will hear a rooster singing, That is the beauty of vacations in downtown Lima, I enjoy my stay there, My thanks to the staff, I enjoy my vacations.

Room Tip: Safe box in the rooms doesn't work,
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Niles, Michigan
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Compared to the other hotels in Peru, this one was the best we stayed in. I gave it a 3.7 because it was almost close to "very good". The property in general was clean and pleasing to the eyes , but there was a water issue in the toilets on the first and second floor as well as around 5 am. We came as one huge group of students around 70 of us. When I asked them about it they hung up on me, great. The room also didn't heat properly, so it was hard to get out of bed. The food was great on the bright side and the front desk was friendly. There is also a nice view of the square from the 6th floor. Overall I would say that besides the other issues recently stated, I would have given the hotel 5 stars.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the middle or closer to the ground floor in case of emergencies; the elevator is ve...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
College Station, Tx
Reviewed December 10, 2009

This was our second hotel in Lima and a vast improvement over the first one. We came there after a week of strenuous (for us) high altitude touring and hiking around Cusco, Machu Picchu, and the Lake Titikaka islands. We were tired, dirty, and worn. The rooms were clean, quiet and well lit. There was hot water and wonderful towels. The staff was very accommodating despite limited English skills. The hotel also provides free internet access. The only down side was that breakfast was uninspired consisting of rolls, jam. and oleo, with instant hot drinks.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Florida
Reviewed April 4, 2007

I was looking for a well located hotel in the heart of Miraflores, but I didn't have the budget for a Marriott or even a Double Tree hotel so I did my research and found this jewel right in the border of Miraflores and San Isidro, the most attractive modern districts in Lima.

This hotel is located in a Round Plaza called Ovalo Gutierrez, surrounded by movie theaters, Friday's and Chili's restaurants, the always well supplied grocery store E. Wong, Starbucks, bookstores, etc. And also just 10 minutes away of the center of Miraflores, where you can find everything to have fun, shop and eat.

If you want to go to Lima downtown - the Colonial City - you will get there in about 25 minutes. Just flag a taxi and they will stop, arrange the price before getting in the car and off you go. I am impressed by how safe the whole city felt. We met with groups of tourists at the Main Square, they came from Asia, Germany, UK, and everybody said they hadn't had any troubles at all during their stay in Peru.

San Isidro and Miraflores are lovely towns! you will not regret to stay here!

The hotel specifically was very nice, the service was always efficient and attentive. Not all the staff speaks English but the manager on site and the receptionist do so no problems here.

A continental breakfast is included and their bread was simply delicious. If you want to add eggs, then the price of your whole breakfast will be $2. They do not offer room service, but the grocery store E.Wong's just next door has EVERYTHING you could imagine, even salads and dishes ready to eat!

We got a matrimonial room with a kitchenette for $60 a night. The kitchenette included a mini fridge, a sink, cabinets and a microwave oven, enough for a short stay like I mentioned before.
They also have safe boxes in the room that you can rent for $2.50 a day. I would advice this service to keep your valuables.
The premises were always clean and well kept. It seems that this property was a fancy house in the past, and they have kept the entrance as a house, with a living room with a chimney, a den with a TV and books that you can borrow, and a dining room that you can use if you wish to order food and not have it in your room. There are several restaurants of fast food AND awesome Peruvian and International food that can deliver to your hotel also. Just ask the Receptionist and she will give you info.

The front desk is located in what would have been the living room, the person in charge was always polite and serviceable and we even used the den to receive friends before going out to dinner. Everything was very pleasant.

Our room was always kept clean and even though we had a view of the Round Plaza that has lots of traffic, we weren't bothered by the noise, I guess the orientation of the rooms help.
I would have liked a bigger room, but for a 5 night stay it was simply perfect, close to every where we wanted to go to, affordable, clean and comfy.

• Liked — The location was outstanding. The room was comfy and the facilities felt like visiting a friend.
  • Disliked — The bathroom seemed new and needs more hangers for towels.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank babykatt