“Cheap and modest, but noisy”

Hotel Runcu Miraflores
Ranked #26 of 228 Hotels in Lima
“Cheap and modest, but noisy”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The rooms are like the tipycal three stars hotel with a good price, given the price of the hotels within Miraflores neighbourhood. It has a good location if you are looking for restaurants. Indeed the restaurant located in the penthouse is very nice. The main weakness is the noise in the rooms. We stayed there one night before a tour trough Perú and two nights when we came back from the tour. The first night we was in a first floor room, so we heard traffic noise, although we could sleep well. In order to avoid that, we asked for a better room. When we came back, they gave us a room close to the lift, even noisier than the first one, which make me think that the whole hotel is noisy.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Hebrew first
Cork
Reviewed August 25, 2012

As a tourist in Miraflores you want to be where the action is at or at least a short hop.

Runcu was just a little disappointing on a few fronts. The room was smelly, very abrupt staff, and as I said it was not the best in terms of location.

A decent Hotel but was expecting more.

• Stayed August 2012
Lima
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I am, literally, in the Runcu this very moment. This is my ninth visit to Peru (archaeologist at Chavin de Huantar, Ancash) and this is my favorite hotel in Miraflores. Great staff, clean rooms, abundant hot water (spacious shower - room for two, which is always nice), safe location, close to the ocean and fantastic restaurants. Only issue: seventh floor rooms are right below cafe and kitchen, where at 6am a juicer or some other appliance starts to grind away (ear plugs useful), but this is very manageable. I will stay here again. For those spending time in Huaraz, my recommendation (15 stays since 2002) --- Hotel San Sebastian.

Room Tip: As suggested earlier, try for 6th floor rather than 7th.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Wellington, Florida
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I visited Peru a couple of weeks ago, and I stayed in this hotel for three days before departing to Cusco. The last day I checked out, I left the hotel, and left my cell phone (Iphone4S) on the front desk counter. A few minutes later, I noticed I left my phone, so I had the taxi driver bring me back to the hotel to get my phone. The same clerk, that checked me out, was sitting on the front desk, and told me he hadn't seen any phone. I told him that he had to see it since there was noone else in the hotel, other than the security guard, and him. He wouldn't even look at me. He kept working on the computer, and told me he would call security. I waited there, and as the minutes passed, I was getting very nervous, and broke down crying. He still continue to ignore me. I noticed the cameras everywhere, so I told him to call the police, and he immediately opened a drawer, and handed me my phone. He wasn't apologetic. I just walked out. He tried to keep my phone, and because I threatened him with the police, he gave me back my phone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
24 Thank anamguzman2012
HotelRuncuMiraflores, Front Desk Manager at Hotel Runcu Miraflores, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
We are really sorry for this missunderstanding. We always work in order to offer our best service to our guests and we tried to do our best job for make it happen. About what happened that day on the Front Desk was definately a missunderstood. When we found an object not identify in the rooms or any of the areas of the hotel, we always report this object and we kept in Lost and Found department. That day the cell phone was on the Cabinet of the front desk because usually wait at least 12 hours with the object on the Reception in case that someone came and ask for the object, Thing that happened with you and your telephone, you came here , and ask for it and we give your phone without any problem.

Honestly is unfortunate that you have a bad and wrong image of us when we only follow rules and work policies just in order to offer a reliable and confortable service.

If our policies caused you a hard time, we regret what happened.
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Very good location close to the ocean front. Room we had was on a low floor at the front of the hotel which was quite noisy. Bathroom was very small and never seemed to dry out, towels damp all the time. Breakfast was very good and we ate in the restaurant one night. Food was good, not great. Pisco sours very nice!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2012

A lovely little hotel, spotlessly clean, great breakfasts and really helpfull staff. They organised a taxi to meet us at the airport as we were arriving at midnight, advised us what to see, dropped us off at an underpass to catch a colectivo to Patchacamac when we didn't want to take the organised tour and then even got a zip replaced in a pair of trousers at no extra cost. A great way to start a memorable holiday, I would definately stay there again

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas Usa
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed at Runcu when in Lima recently. The hotel is in a very good location in Miraflores. Very clean, the staff was exceptional. Anything that I needed the staff handled professionally. Every trip I planed from the hotel the desk staff helped me decide whether to use a cab or walk. They have handy maps that they will give you with directions. Room 703 had a table in the corner which had a couple outlets which were ideal for charging phones, batteries etc. There is a restaurant on the 8th floor which stays open until 10pm. There was a balcony on the 8th floor which provided a very nice view of the surroundings. The hotel is gated and very safe. There are three computers in the lobby for your use. I went on to Cusco and after my stay at Runcu I decided to book them on my return to Lima after my Machu Picchu adventure. The second stay I was put in room 201. This room was very good as well. The 201 room didn't have the same set up for charging equipment. I only found outlets in the bathroom. I would stay at Runcu again if I return to Lima. You can contact me for additional info if interested.

Room Tip: 7th floor was my favorite for the view and room 703 had a really good charging station for your elec...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank impetiousdoom
HotelRuncuMiraflores, Front Desk Manager at Hotel Runcu Miraflores, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you for your comments, always be our pleasure to provide the best quality service.