“Casa Bella Keeps surprising me”

Casa Bella B&B Boutique Hotel
Ranked #35 of 308 Lima B&B and Inns
Denver
“Casa Bella Keeps surprising me”
Reviewed August 14, 2010

I stayed at Casa Bella for about two weeks. This time my in-laws came with me. My husband and I went to Peru to renew our vows on our wedding anniversary. The staff helped me to arrange city tours for my in-laws while I took care of the ceremony’s last details. Our experience was great as usual. As a gift they gave my husband and I the suite room on our wedding day so we could have more comfort on such busy day. They were very helpful and knowledgeable helping my in laws that do not speak Spanish. My in laws had a great time walking around the blocks around Casa Bella to get what they said “get a feeling for the city”.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Olympia , Washington
Reviewed August 6, 2010

The Casa Bella is a lovely bed and breakfast in the heart of San Isidro Lima, Peru, It is clean, well-run and very hospitable with a great breakfast and super coffee. The staff is very accommodating and one can easily access all the sites of Lima by Taxi from this location in a very secure zone of the city. I originally arrived with a school group of 25 people late at night and they were at the airport promptly with a bus to pick us all up and settle us in at midnight! I returned a few weeks later alone and have found the accommodations to be equally comfortable for a person alone. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2010
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 4, 2010

My girfriend and I spend a few day there and we had a very nice experience. Good breakfast, clean rooms, friendly staff and a very good location in Lima. My girlfriend stayed there several times in the past and she likes it so much that she doesn't like to stay anywhere else when she travels there. They have an awesome backyard where you can relax after a tour.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed August 3, 2010

We used our ThankYou Network points to obtain a room at Casa Bella for 2 nights, so I am unsure about the value in terms of real money. The first night, we arrived at past midnight and they were kind enough to let us check in in the morning.
The room was huge! Had a walk in closet, nice bath & shower (hot water 24/7) and huge bed with cable tv.
Had 2 computers connected to the internet. Breakfast was bread, tea, juice, some fruit.

Just to enlighten others though, their pick up service was $20 USD for us which translates to about S/.60! I think taxis at the airport are cheaper so would not recommend their pick up service.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Casa-Bella, Owner at Casa Bella B&B Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2010
I just wanted to thank our guest for leaving us some kind words, it is always motivating knowing that our guests feel comfortable and that that they would come back to stay with us again.

I also wanted to add, (in respond to our guest comments about our transportation fare), that we charge a few dollars more because our vehicles are not based at the ariport, they are based in Casa Bella, therefore, it is a double drive type of situation for us.

But we do not charge more just because of the double drive or extra gas that this could imply, we also provide comfort and convenience to our guests by having everything reserved with us rather than having different reservations with different companies, this, sometimes, causes confusions and extra time in the computer whne you are planning a trip.

There is also the issue of privacy and security. Our drivers work exclusively for Casa Bella and provide reliability and peace of mind upon arrival.

The rates at the airport vary between US $15.00 and US $35.00 depending on the type of company and the type of car you hire, we charge US $20.00 which is around S/. 56 soles and not S/. 60.00 like our guest said and this rate is up to three guests, so there is not an exageration from our part on the fares.

I would like to thank once again our guest for bringing up this issue, it has been an opportunity for us to explain better yet our fares and the context of the transportation service here in Lima.

Many thanks,

Orlando Sanchez A.
Casa Bella - Peru
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 30, 2010

We really recommend staying at this house hotel, perfect location in San Isidro ( nice District ) very clean and organized, the attention was superb. Breakfast daily always well served on time, we feel like at home. Many thanks to Orlando ( the owner ) and Jorge Claux in particular and Marisol, Lucy and all the staff in general. Really excellent service, like airport transportation, very punctual, outstanding service, was a great experience. Thanks again to all of you for your hospitality.
Carmen Oshiro
Los Angeles, CA

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Medellin, Colombia
Reviewed July 22, 2010

Quiet and friendly B&B in San Isidro. The staff was very helpful with good information on sightseeing and dining options. The room was very clean, with a huge, comfortable bed. Good location, with easy access to Miraflores and the historic El Centro districts. Tasty breakfast. Good value for the $. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed July 15, 2010

i found the traffic to be noisy (but it is the middle of the city) and the sheets felt funny (my friend agreed) The walls were nicely tiled with a paintings, and 1 bare light bulb. The bathroom door wouldn't close all the way, and there was 3 steps down to bathroom. The breakfast food was excellent. The internet service was very slow (as with all the other places in Peru)

• Stayed July 2010