“Simply the Best!”

Casa Bella Boutique Hotel
Ranked #36 of 339 Lima B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 1, 2010

We stayed at Casa Bella twice. Firstly when we arrived in Lima before our trek and then we returned again after our trek. My husband and I arrived first, then the other 5 members of the trekking group so we were a group of 7. Casa Bella stored our luggage for free while we were gone.
The rooms were large and well appointed. Showers were great.
Everything at this place works! They are very organised which is great. On our return, they had transport waiting at the bus station. They were always ready and willing to organise taxis and give us any information we needed. There was at least one person who could speak English so language was no issue. Nothing was too much trouble. They even arranged for our laundry to be done after the trek at very reasonable rates.
There was free internet on two computers in the hotel. Wireless was US$5 for the entire stay. Great value!
Breakfast was great in comparison to other places. There was fresh juice, fruit platters, cheeses and cold meats, tea and coffee, eggs, loads of bread/rolls, condiments etc.
Also, we were allowed to use the kitchen throughout the day after breakfast was finished.
The whole atmosphere was very relaxed and friendly. You felt quite at ease heating your coffee in the microwave.
There was a lovely garden area at the back where you could sit either outside or under the shelter of a gazebo. We would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone. Great value, great service.
Thanks to Orlando, Marisol and all the staff.

Reviewed June 30, 2010

I stayed in Casa Bella when I visited Lima for business. It's located in San Isidro, a nice, safe part of town, around the corner from the fancy Hotel Los Delfines (always easy to refer to a landmark when taking cabs). I loved the place - clean, pretty nice rooms (the first I stayed in was a little more basic, the second one [after getting back to Lima after a few days away] was amazing), nice sitting areas (lower ground and 1st floor) and a garden to hang out in, time (and weather) permitting. It was not a problem at all to leave my luggage there for a few days, and wifi worked well. Breakfast is a little basic, but the service was good and attentive. A really good option if you want to stay in a nice, comfortable, safe place, and not shell out the money you'd pay at a regular hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2010

Why stay at a four star Hotel if I can stay in a big house with great rooms in a quiet neighborhood. I've been staying at this B&B since 2008, and I keep coming back. This San Ysidro location is very central and 10 minutes from Miraflores. Breakfast is included in the rate, but there is no room service (the whole point in Lima is to dine out ayways), rooms are oversized and the staff is very friendly.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2010

We were visiting Peru this summer for our honeymoon, and spend much of the time in Lima. The Casa Bella was the last hotel we stayed with and was hands above the rest. The neighborhood is very quiet, something we did not experience elsewhere, and safe to walk at night. The staff was very welcoming and accommodating to us, as we had some changes of plans and needed help finding a room for a couple of extra nights. Their English was excellent, and all the staff very friendly and helpful. Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 23, 2010

I booked thre matremonial room for June 10-24 after I booked i found out my girlfriend was able to meet me at the hotel I called the hotel and changed rooms to a queen jr. sueit when I arrived they put me in a double room with small beds I am 6 foot 4 inches. I complaned day
three they put me in the matromonial room not the jr sueen sueit. day 6 I had a medical emergency and had to return home to my doctor I was told I had to pay through the 24 I did and told them that my girl friend would wait at the hotel until I returned or until the 24th. on the 22nd. she went to the hotel and her things werre packed and the manager told her she would have to go they needed the room for new guest coming in. be ware these people are only interested in money not the guest or their reputation. I would never stay there again. ken from Florida.

2  Thank longcreek
Casa-Bella, Propietario at Casa Bella Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2010

It is not easy for me, as the owner and founder of Casa Bella, to face situations where I need to contradict or reject one of our guest´s reviews, but as a respect to future visitors, to our employees and to our name, I am more than proud to defend the standards of service we have been providing for the last five years to guests from all over the world.

Every story has two faces and our story and response to this missleaading review is already written with the more than a hundred positive reviews already posted by our guests. Our philosophy and way of doing things completly differes to what is stated in the review.

I do admit that there was an error with the room type which was fixed immediately but getting to the extreme of taking a guest out of a room couldn´t be further from the truth.

I warn our Trip Advisor friends and readers to be careful with reviews that, maybe unintentionally, tend to hurt businesses that have built a solid foundation with hard and nonest work.

We are not free from errors but we are free from bad intentions or dishonesty to our guests.

With all due respect, I invite readers to revise the rest of our reviews to have a better and clear perspective of our services.

Orlando Sanchez
Casa Bella Peru
Owner

Reviewed June 2, 2010

Helpful staff, secure quiet location, lovely big rooms, terrific showers and bathrooms, reasonable price. Our second stay here, and certainly we would stay here if we return to Lima.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2010

Casa Bella is a great place to stay, especially if you travel with small kids. The location is excellent and the staff is great. The room was huge and very clean. If we go back to Lima (which we may soon..we had a blast in Peru), we will stay at Casa Bella again. Also great breakfast and nice yard!

We also visited Arequipa, Cusco and Machupicchu.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family