“Hop on and hop off bus”
Review of Peru Hop

and up
Paracas and Huacachina Full Day from Lima
Ranked #6 of 254 Tours in Lima
More attraction details
Owner description: Peru Hop is a hop on-hop off bus. It's the most fun, flexible, and safe way of discovering the magic of Peru by bus. Our fleet of modern & safe guided buses take you to not only the famed tourist destinations but also to the small hidden gems off the beaten path. Hop on & hop off as you please with passes valid for 1 year.
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

It was so great to get on peruhop. I joined them from Lima to Cisco. There was several stop in between, like huacachina, arequipa. They picked me you from my hostel. I don't need to go bus terminal by myself. It was perfect.

I have joined their activities. Having fun of group of people were excellent

3  Thank Penny L
PeruHop, Manager at Peru Hop, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thanks so much for your positive review! We're glad to hear you loved it! Please tell all your friends!

Thank you so much!!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I took Peru Hop in January with my friend and had a great time. I saw places that I would never have gotten to see if I hadn't been on the bus and met some great people. Our guide Nilo was super friendly as well as professional and always made sure we were ok. The discounts we received were great and every tour we did was of a high standard. A thing to add is that it was great for all ages. As a solo traveller you get to meet people, and the bus is safe for families with children. We also had an older couple on the bus and they were provided for accordingly given a quieter hostel and a private room rather than staying with us. The guides are really helpful all you need to do is ask. :) I have already and will continue to recommend to anybody who is travelling through Peru.

1  Thank EloiseClarke95
PeruHop, Manager at Peru Hop, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

We certainly do appreciate the good words, and even more so that they come from you! We're really glad that you enjoyed your time with us and that you'll continue to recommend us to the people you meet!

We are definitely proud of our star guide Nilo, he is sure a treasure to our company!

Again Eloise, thank you from all of us here at Peru Hop!!

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I took the straight up 6 day 5 night through Arequipa tour. We're normally independent backpackers but we were short on time and this trip ticked off the key sites we wanted between Lima and Cusco (Paracas, islas ballestas, Huacachina, Nazca lines and colca canyon) without us having to do any research / preparation. The prices were competitive and the activities fun and varied. Nilo was our host for the most part and he was super energetic, helpful and friendly. We had a great jam-packed time if very full and exhausting!
Some tips based on our experience
- Look at the schedule carefully to see how it suits you. Depending on your start day the things you see can vary - e.g. Monday/Wednesday/etc starts had more things between Lima and Paracas compared with the Tuesday/Thursday (which is what we took). Friday Starts also have an extra night compared with the Monday / Wednesday just because of the bus schedule - that meant we couldn't quite fit in this version before our date in cusco so we had to downsize to the Thursday version.
- We followed the straight up 'minimum schedule' because we didn't have time to spare doing the hop on hop off. We found the schedule quite packed so be prepared with snacks and your daypack ready. For example we were picked up at 6am on Thursday to get us to Islas Ballestas for our island tour but there was no time scheduled for lunch between this finishing and the bus departing to go to Huacachina. Similarly for the overflight of the Nazca lines, we had to negotiate with the tour organiser to make sure we had time for lunch between all our connections back to Huacachina or we wouldn't have eaten till 4 (in time for the dune buggy activity).
- Otherwise the Nazca overflight is more worthwhile than the free drive by if you can stomach the flight and cost - you get far more of an impression of what they are. If you're happy looking at postcards then don't bother
- If you want to go to the Colca Canyon bus tour (we were only given the two day option) there isn't really time to see Arequipa's sites, only its streets in the evening. We loved colca and it's worth doing but on the way we learnt so much more we'd see 'back in Arequipa' which we didn't have time to do. So you'll have to hop on/off if you want to do both.
- Also you basically get off the overnight bus from Arequipa to get on another bus (with just an overnight bag) to Colca Canyon. There's only an hour to sort your bags, and have breakfast. So just be prepared in advance.
Older or more relaxed travellers may well find following the 'schedule' too full / intense / exhausting. In particular our final hostel stop in Arequipa (on St Patrick's Day) was party central but luckily the Wild Rover where we stayed had.a.decent separation between rooms out the back and bar out the front. Our room in Huacachina was also right next to the neighbour's club so our windows / doors were.la rattling - no sleep was possible even through ear plugs.
This will all sound like more criticism than it's worth and that's certainly not the intention. Except for missing some time in Arequipa we think this was the best way to see what we wanted to whilst getting to Cusco when we needed to and seeing /doing what we wanted on the way. Just some thoughts on how to make it the most enjoyable for you. Happy travels

2  Thank caramelgoo
PeruHop, Manager at Peru Hop, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Wow!! That was quite the review! Thanks a million for taking all that time to be so informative! We really appreciate that as it helps people see it from the travelers perspective.

In terms of travel is there ever really enough time, haha! I definitely understand how you would feel rushed though, there's a lot to do in a short period of time!

We're glad you enjoyed it and we're even more appreciative that you took the time to share it with us, and everyone else!!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Great experience had with peru hop. Our tour guide Luis was very friendly and really went out of his way to make sure everyone was having a good time. I was going to just take a bus direct from Lima to Cusco but while in Mancora i met some people who had taken Peru Hop and recommended it to me. At 1st i was a bit weary as i though it was alot of money to pay. But i was convinced and i am so glad i did. Had I not I never would of went to Huaccachina where the sandboarding and dunne buggy trip is so much fun. Before Peru Hop I had never heard of Paracas National Park and i have to say that was one of the biggest surprises of my trip as i did not know what to expect but the only way i can describe it is where the ocean meets the desert and its a pretty spectacular sight.I met both Will and Conor and have to say they were very friendly and helpful for everything from organising the trip and they always made sure you have fun. Two good lads and wish them all the best going forward with their business adventure.

PeruHop, Manager at Peru Hop, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thanks for everything, glad you made the choice to come with us! Now you know a little more of the world you would've missed out on!

Thanks again for "hopping", tell you friends, family, strangers!! Thanks also for the review, that means a lot to us!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

My wife and I went in to this not knowing what to expect. To say the least it was fantastic. Great staff on board, stops at some pretty amazing sites. Sites that you would never see if you were to do this trip on your own.
It is a new company so they are learning as they go but will still recommend to anyone.
We also met some some awesome people on board that we ended up spending the remainder of our trip with.

PeruHop, Manager at Peru Hop, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thanks for your kind words and taking the time to tell others about your experience!

It makes us proud to hear that people such as yourselves enjoyed Peru Hop, and that you gave us the opportunity to show you all about Peru!

Without people like yourselves we wouldn't be able to grow, learn and become successful!

Thank you so much for everything, pass on the good words!!