“Best Value and Convinient when You get to Lima in the Middle of The Night”

Hostal Victor - Lima Airport Hostel
Ranked #98 of 372 Specialty Lodging in Lima
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I just returned from my 10 day trip to Peru and stayed at Hostal Victor the first night I got to Lima. I noticed that most flights (from US) get to Lima around midnight and then turn around back to the States, My final destination was Cusco to do the Inca Trail and visit Machu Picchu. With a flight out of Lima early the next morning I had two choices, hang around the airport and not get any sleep or find a cheap place to sleep for five hours. After some research I settled on Hostal victor instead of hanging around the airport. Reservation was made on the internet using credit card but the Hostal wants you to pay in cash ($45). E-mails were promptly returned. The hostal hires a taxi service to pick you up and drop you off for an additional $10 and it is well worth it, just e-mail Andy at that hostal. When i left the baggage area the taxi driver was waiting for me with a sign and promptly took me to the hostal. It was about a 10 minute drive. The neighborhood looked a bit seedy the entire route. It did not look like the safest area but the taxi driver took us to the hostal. Check in was simple, Peru law requires the hotels to make copies of your passports. Hostal has no elevator but they took our suitcases up to the room. Room was very small and simple. There was noise outside (music) but we had our ear plugs with us and we slept fine. Only suggested improvement would be better pillows. Shower had nice hot water. The front desk had the taxi waiting for us when we came down and we were on line at the airport in exactly fifteen minutes. Overall, I was very happy with the entire process and the lodging and taxi costs were well worth it. I recommend staying at this establishment if you are in a similar situation. If you are going to be staying in Lima for a couple of days or more then I recommend a hostal in the Villaflores area, Look at my other reviews for suggestions.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jocampo

Reviewed November 19, 2012

When one plans a trip to a foreign destination there are many unknowns and so as much as we plan, pay attention to the small details, well, one hopes that there are not going to be too many unpleasant surprises. The internet makes it very easy to plan a trip today but hindsight is always 20/20. In retrospect, 1) hostel close to the airport, 2) airport pick-up is available, 3) room rates are reasonable, 4) rooms are simple, clean, cozy and quiet, 5) TV a few English channels, 6) hostel located in a safe neighborhood, 7) service friendly and helpful, 8) breakfast simple and 9) WiFi available. All in all, as the name suggests, Hostal Victor is a hostel (I am sure there are better there are worse like everything else) and I was satisfied with my stay, would stay there again. Safe, clean, friendly - no surprises, no hassles... It is what I wanted, what I paid for and what I got!

Daniel P.
Canada

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

We had only 12 hours in Lima before our early morning flight do we wanted a place close to the airport, and this did the trick. It's clean and convenient. The airport pickup is nice especially if it's your first time in Per and don't want to haggle with taxis for a lower rate. Would stay here again if need be.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank KingstonTraveller13
Reviewed October 10, 2012

As others have noted, this is a great choice for budget lodging near the airport, especially if you have a late arrival, and need to catch a flight the following morning. My flight arrived after 10PM, and I had pre-arranged to be picked up from the airport. I'm not sure if the place is truly super quiet at night, or if I happened to be the only person staying there. When I was shown to my room, the hallway lights on the 2nd floor were off until we passed through and turned them on. I never saw or heard any other guests. I did, however, hear some random street noise during the night, including cats fighting, dogs barking, and then starting around 3AM, roosters screeching randomly all the way until the sun rose. None of this is the fault of the hostal, but something to keep in mind if you're a light sleeper. The following morning I needed to be back at the airport for an early flight, and the same guy who picked me up the night before arrived promptly to drive me back.

While they do have wifi, its (at least from my room on the 2nd floor) super slow, and kept dropping out. It was usable for email, but not much else. Also, they only accept cash payment, no credit cards.

Each direction of the airport transfer costs US$10. The free/included breakfast is only served starting at 7AM (I needed to leave at 6:30AM to catch a flight, so I missed it).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Hostal Victor is the perfect place for anyone looking for an overnight layover when traveling through Jorge Chavez Airport. I had arrived late on a Saturday evening and the hostel had sent someone over to pick me up at the airport and bring me to the hostel for only $10 USD (much cheaper than any cab ride). The hostel is about a 10 minute ride from the airport. When I arrived, I had a pounding headache and both Andy & Frank were went out of their way to find me some Aspirin. The also ordered dinner for me as I was starving. The hostal itself is in a gated area, and I pretty much felt safe throughout the evening. The next morning another car was ready to take me to the airport so I can catch my flight to Cusco.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed with Hostal Victor on the way in and out of Lima. My airport transfers were stress free and on time. The location is not far from the airport for a quick layover, most flights end up in Lima late night, then off to Cusco early in the morning. The staff was very helpful in ordering food, took care of it being delivered, and even brought it up to the room. The room was more than adequate for the price, modern, lots of hot water, TV, and quiet, also very clean. Simple breakfast, but very good. Excellent coffee!

Room Tip: Wi Fi works on lower floors!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Recently completed a trip to Peru that included a quick overnight in Lima en route to Cuzco. To maxamize resources my party of 3 chose this hotel based on location and favorable reviews. We were not disapointed! Our airport transfer was very courteous and on time. The location is not far from the airport and we felt safe. We spent much of the evening in the lobby eating, surfing the web and planning the next day. The hostess was very helpful in getting us food delivered. That food was so good we ate it again at the airport the next day. The room was basic but clean. For an inexpensive overnight stay and good shuttle service look no further!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends