“Worst hotel I know”

Ranked #198 of 228 Hotels in Lima
France
“Worst hotel I know”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I was booked into this hotel by Lan air, as a stop over on my way to quito. Did I regret letting someone else book me a room !!! The location is ok, Miraflores but far from Larcomar. The reception were ignorant people with no welcome. The lobby area very old fashioned with antique furniture. My room was old and grubby, the smell was strange. The bed blanket was old and I daren't think when it was last washed ! The bathroom window was filthy. When I opened the mini bar, I found the drinks, coca cola, beer etc past their dates and dirty bottles !!!the coca had actually gone dry ish ! I have never seen anything like it in my life! The room price charged is outrageous. One more thing, I had a paid transfer early in the morning to the airport . They let the taxi wait 15 minutes outside, while I was waiting in the lobby. Disgusting.

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank juanaise53

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I had a handbag with diferent important things that cost me about US$2000 that was stolen of my room, they didnt respond for anything, all the employes treated me very bad, the manager never wanted to talk to me

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sandra P

Travelers are raving about these Lima hotels

London UK
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This hotel is used by groups who are there for one or two days and move on. It isn't bad, though the location isn't very convenient and there is a funny smell around. Be careful about ordering a taxi to the airport, as they charge way over the odds. The people on the desk are nice though I suspect the management behind the scenes isn't. You can get a much better deal for the same price in Lima.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank gertie84
Bremen, Germany
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed only one night, and I felt like the staff was annoyed by its customers.
Breakfast was until 10 a.m., but when we went down at 9:30 there was almost no bread left, and we had to take the last "crumbs". At 10 sharp the waitress told us that the restaurant would close now, and they took away the tea and coffee, although we would have liked to have just another hot drink and stay a little to chat. But since they were already cleaning everything and setting the tables for lunch, we just left.
We then sat down in the lobby to use the Wifi, which does not work in the rooms. Although check out was at 1 pm, the receptionist asked us around eleven, when we would be leaving the room. We felt rushed, but still wanted to take a shower. Unfortunately, Housekeeping had already taken the towels and not replaced them (which is normal, because we were checking out that day, but they could have waited for us to actually leave the room, right?)
The lobby was not lit, although it was pretty dark even in the morning due to the grey Lima sky. It was not a cozy atmosphere.
And for me the most annoying was the perfume spraying device in the room. Quite often, the thing blew an artificial odour in the room, which made it quite annoying to breathe and sleep.
I am sorry, but I would NOT RECOMMEND this hotel, although it is clean and the rooms are spacious...but the service and politeness were really poor.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank humblebee2013
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed here for two nights at the beginning and end of a touring holiday. The rooms are reasonably comfortable with cable tv and decent sized bathrooms (shower only). Wifi may be available in the lobby but was extremely tempremental. Don't rely on it. When we stayed on a Friday night they advertised breakfast on the Saturday morning until 9.30am but we went down at 9.00am to find no food left and no more forthcoming. However we did have one evening meal in the restaurant and that was really nice.

The location was the main problem for me. Miraflores is a pleasant area and it was nice to walk along the long and well maintained malecon, but it is difficult to get into central Lima if you are not a Spanish speaker and able to confidently deal with taxis.

All the staff we dealt with were pleasant and friendly. They were happy to look after luggage after check-out before we were picked up for the airport.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank pboropixie
ny
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The hotel is located in the Miraflores district, however it is a bit further out so walking to the main attractions takes a bit of time. The hotel itself is clean with friendly staff but no wifi in the room, only in the lobby. The room I stayed in didn't have a tub, just a shower so for people who like taking baths, that may pose problem.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed October 20, 2012

As part of a group of 15 we stayed at the Monte Real for two nights. When we arrived late in the evening we were greeted with the news that the hotel's lift was out of action and that we had to climb the stairs to the 5th floor and wait in our room until the poor night porter delivered our luggage to our room.
We were told that free Wifi was available in the room next to the lobby, but when we walked back down to the lobby we were unable to get any reception. When we asked for the second time we were then told the wifi was not working!!!
Our room was clean and comfortable with a good bed and a pleasant ensuite with a shower. The hotel was situated in a quiet street and a corner shop selling nibbles was just across the road. A good large supermarket was about 400 metres away.
The breakfast offered was a good standard with a choice of cereal, breads, jams, fruit and scrambled eggs. The breakfast room was surrounded by a delightful garden and an open air terrace. The hotel also offers a sauna and small fitness area. We got our exercise by walking up and down the stairs!

• Stayed September 2012