“Good, budget accommodation”

Ranked #153 of 331 Specialty Lodging in Lima
Godalming, United Kingdom
“Good, budget accommodation”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed here during my trip in October for 1 night before transferring to Cuzco and 2 nights before my return flight. This was booked as part of my tour but it is a good value hotel. The rooms I stayed in were both singles 208 & 104, they were both very acceptable and the whole place has a nice charm & traditional looking decoration. My room 104 was slightly bigger than the one on the second floor and even had a mini fridge! Each room also has a TV in it. One thing that was particularly good was the shower pressure, was much better than in most hotels. The reception staff seemed friendly although didn't speak much english, they sold drinks from a fridge in reception which weren't too extortianate if you were too tired to go out after a long flight. Had breakfast included which, although basic, was plentiful - eating by myself I was given coffee, papaya juice and 3 bread rolls with butter and jam (and these were like croissant size!)
The location is good, just a short walk to Larcomar and the clifftop road, and not far from the main shopping and restaurant-y area.

Room Tip: I would recommend room 104 out of the ones I stayed in.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Rubber_Duckie89

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I have stayed here 4 times. Some rooms are better than others. But all are clean and tidy. Any problems with hot water or Internet connection were resolved promptly. Staff is always friendly and helpful. They can arrange transport to and from the airport. Great neighborhood, safe and close to restaurants. But this is not a hotel with sound isolation, so some guests can be noisy and bothersome. But this is true throughout Latin America at this level of accommodation. I will return and highly recommend this to others as a good value.

Room Tip: I prefer quieter rooms toward the back of the building.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank RogerCello
Stellenbosch, South Africa
Reviewed July 26, 2012

When we checked in they never mentioned that they would fumigate that day...We went out for lunch and when we came back they just told me that they had fumigated the hotel and sorry for the inconveniences, that the gas was non-toxic. I implied that it had been done in the hallways and kitchen. Our big surprise was when we entered our room and it was a very thick cloud of poison. All of our things were in the room, we had a bunch of food, cereals, etc to take home from here. There was not ventilation or windows to the outside, so the cloud just stayed. Our bags still smell like poison... I guess now we now everything is sterilized :-)

They kept saying that the poison is natural... but a poison nevertheless... My wife and myself developed a headache and nausea from just being there a minute. One of the workers approached me and told me I was right to be upset, that he himself had a sore throat and burning eyes...

We just couldn't believe how could they think it was ok to fumigate a room that is occupied and with all our things inside.

They refused to refund our money to find another hotel but the only thing they could do for us is send us to the other hotel they owned around the corner... that had been also fumigated at the same time but at least they told us about it and we had to wait until the poison dissipated to go into the room...

Please try to find a poisonless room instead... Do not stay here, they seem to not have any understanding of what safety and poison means...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chacaruni

Travelers are raving about these Lima hotels

El Cerrito, California
Reviewed June 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed a total of 4 nights, 2 at the start of our trip and 2 at the end and we did not like our room. Hot water was either scalding or freezing, the room and bathroom was very old and had no window except into an interior maintenance room. When I complained about what sounded like a beeping battery in a smoke detector, i was told it was next door and not much could be done. And they were unwilling to change our room. We heard that for 2 nights.

There was no laundry service available, which we really needed. Breakfast was only a couple of rolls. Staff was courteous but not particularly friendly. The location was decent and there was no street noise. But the walls were very thin and we could hear other travelers at all times of the day and night.

Unless you want a really cheap sleep, I would move on.

Room Tip: Look at the rooms before checking in.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lfodea
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Located well in this touristic area, short walk from main square and new mall, rooms are big but not the most modern in decor. A solid hostel style place.

• Stayed August 2011
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Very Good hostal.
The room is really good and clean the bed is comfortable and the shower is good.
Just have to be careful because is a boiler, so it makes a really good shower but the hot water ends.
The locations is amazing, really in the center of Miraflores, 5 minutes walking from Lacomar mall,10 minutes walking from the main square of Miraflores and 8 minutes from the major casinos.
The breakfast is not really god just a bread with butter and a juice. Nothing else, I asked for some scrambled eggs and without no warning they wanted to change me 4 dollars for it. 4 dollars is an almost a full meal in Lima. I sent it back.

Bacal

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank leandrobacal
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed November 26, 2010

This was the loudest hotel I have ever stayed in. You can hear every conversation from every room nearby and from all the common areas. There was at least 3 kinds of mold in my shower and the hot water only lasts a few minutes.

Bring lots of cash because they only take Mastercard. No Visa or Amex. Even though you can secure your reservation with a Visa Card, they will not take it at the hotel. A little trick to get you to pay in cash. If you plan to bring a guest back to your room, even for a few minutes, they will rudely tell you that you have to pay an additional $10.

Breakfast was two rolls, coffee and juice. Nothing special. Pay a few extra dollars and find something more comfortable. I regret staying here.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo