Hotel El Ducado is a simple property, offering a nice breakfast area, safe neighborhood and decent amenities. The rooms are small and basic. The beds have hard mattresses.
It is a good hotel for either a single, couple or group because of its safety and facilities. You can walk to the seaside from the hotel (in a group). About 5-10 mins from the hotel there's an ocean-front entertainment area offering restaurants, shops, etc....
- bring a hat when you walk...there are many small birds in the area...
- lima is VERY humid, things do not dry quickly
- even if the weather report calls for 20-degree celcius (68f) weather, bring warm clothes, it gets cold at night
- if you are not there in the summer (dec, jan, feb), you will likely experience thick coastal fog (like San Fran)
- bring your own conditioner
- don't drink the water, drink bottled only
- it gets cold at night, and there's no heat, dress accordinglyMore
- Free Wifi