“I always feel at home and caring service is provided.”

The Place of Miraflores Hostal
Ranked #111 of 313 Lima B&B and Inns
Lima, Peru
“I always feel at home and caring service is provided.”
Reviewed January 7, 2011

I have stayed at The Place numerous times since March of 2009. It has become the place of choice for myself and my family members when traveling to or from Lima. I have always been picked up promptly at the airport, treated with warm attention by staff members, and extra services have always been offered, such as running out to get aspirin when I had a headache. When my sister and my son came to Peru to visit, we got a huge room with three twin beds and they both loved it. The location is walking distance to everything you could need in Miraflores. My only complaint, and this applies anywhere I have been in Peru, is that sometimes at night people checking in are too loud, but that is a cultural difference.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank northsouth2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed October 20, 2010

My wife and I are staying at the "Place of Miraflores hostel" and everything is great; the airport pickup was waiting for us at the right time; (wow free!) good location, close to big parks, restaurants, fast foods, the Larcomar shopping center, tourism bus stops (double-decker bus) and more.
The rates are ok. I love their balcony room.
Veronica and Edilberto (managers) are very friendly people, here we feel at home but tomorrow we'll return to Italy (sad icon)
I recommend to"The Place of Miraflores hostel." if come to Lima, you can contact them online and everything it necessary for your trip will be easy for you.
Best regards
Giacomo & Francesca

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Santa Cruz, California USA
Reviewed October 12, 2009

They forgot to pick us up at the airport, and it took hours and hours for them to get us after we called (fluent Spanish), out stay was confirmed by email the day before.
The bed was like a sack of manure, and the blankets were worn out, the room was not the cleanest. You can do better in Miraflores,
We did get a chance to really checkout the Lima Airport which is quite nice-

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GreenManSantaCruz

Travelers are raving about these Lima hotels

Barcelona
Reviewed July 12, 2009

They were waiting for us at the airport, what it is helpfull specially if you arrive really late at night.
In my opinion the hotel is just correct, our room was clean but it would need an update but it is not pricey.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Inspiracio
Brno, Czech Republic
Reviewed February 3, 2009

The rooms could use a little updating but bottom line, their prices are reasonable. My brother was the first to discover this place, and loved it. Since then, my whole family stays there regularly as my parents escape the Canadian winter. The staff is superb and go through great lengths to ensure that you are well taken care of. The rooms are very roomy and the beds comfortable.

Let's be honest, the reason you would consider a Hostel rather than a hotel is to save money while skimping on the frills the latter have. This place is more than adequate for anyone's needs without having to pay upwards of $300US a night at the Marriott, for example.

The location is excellent due to the fact that this Hostel is off the main street (Av. Larco) and therefore there is minimal noise. Also, it's only about a 5-10 minute walk to Larcomar and minutes away to other hotspots in Miraflores.

WiFi Internet access is available but don't expect it to work every time, but if you absolutely need internet access talk to the front-desk or use their public computer next to the lounge area, across from the restaurant. For less than $50 a night, don't except a private wireless router in your room. Also keep in mind that the building is rather old and is not equipped with ethernet ports in every room. They only service the entire house with a single wireless router so sometimes you get a decent signal and sometimes you can't get anything at all. No big deal, there are plenty of other Internet Cafes around Miraflores.

All in all, this is a great place to stay without putting a dent in your travel budget. You get what you pay for, as far as your room goes, but definitely get more in terms of the staff; I can't say enough good things about them. 'Top' notch would even be an understatement.

In short, don't expect the staff to lay down roses as you walk into the building. Be honest with yourself. Are planning to stay inside your room all day? or are you looking for a nice comfortable, quiet place to spend your roughly 8 hours of sleep time before you wake up and are out the door, ready to start another round of sightseeing?

I now call The Place, my home away from home. It really is a great place to stay in Miraflores.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Quiksilver78
California
Reviewed November 11, 2008

I really enjoy staying at The Place, the rooms were good and clean, and the staff always very nice and willing to help us. I dont know this other guy said he didnt like it., Its very close to everything and it is not isolated at all! I recommended it for sure!!

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 11, 2007

We booked online with 24hrs in advance and consistently checked for confirmation before we board our 6hrs bus ride but a confirmation was never received (despite 2 emails to The Place). We turned up but The Place said our emails were never received. They provided us with a room nevertheless, that looked like 1960s... with broken TV remote control. Oh, WiFi wasn't working either! Just as we unpacked and got comfortable 3hrs later, they kicked us out at 10:30pm to say they made a mistake and the room is not available! WHAT THE?!? They said they'd try to find another place for us but none are available (yeah right!). We met another backpacker on the foyer and she recommended another one down the road (she was moving there too as she too had enough of The Place) and when it was available! "Hospedaje Tinkus" ([--]) turned out to be much better place, larger and cleaner room for cheaper price, fantastic staff, way better location... 100% better than The Place!

• Liked — NONE
  • Disliked — Lack of support, responsibility and responsiveness... not to mention, old room, and isolated location
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank DonIsGood