“It's people that make the difference.”
Review of Girasoles Hotel

Girasoles Hotel
Ranked #24 of 236 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This hotel is clean, not too fancy and very safe. I could say this about a lot of hotels in Lima, but the difference is made with the attentive service you will receive here from every employee. Noisy??? Hahahaha!!! Try to find a hotel anywhere in Lima that is NOT noisy. I am currently staying in an apartment I rented in Lima and the reason I am awake at 1:45am writing this review is because Lima is the noisiest place I have ever been to... and I live in New York. Do yourself a favor... stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed here as part of an organised tour. My first room was a larger one and had 2 twin beds, the second room was smaller and had a double bed. Both rooms were clean, with comfortable beds and good pillows. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful and I was able to store extra luggage for a couple of weeks.

Breakfast was good and the one lunch I had in the restaurant was also very nice.

Whilst in a good location I stayed at another hotel in Lima for some extra nights and its location was more central to Miraflores. I was also disturbed by noise from other guests, both from thin walls and due to the layout of the hotel with its central atrium.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ETbrisvegas
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Good hotel, we spent our first and last night on Peru at this hotel. Good value, friendly staff and reasonably well located in the miraflores district of Lima. Close to restaurants and the main tourist area of larcomar

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank PaulyH60
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My husband,some friends and myself stayed at this hotel as part of a Continental Getaway package. We were happy with our rooms - clean and comfortable. I appreciated the laminate flooring in the bedroom ( I hate rugs ). There was a decent buffet breakfast that we enjoyed. We had a very early plane to catch one morning and the staff arranged for coffee and toast at 3:15 in the morning. The coffee made the early hour a little more bearable.
A very efficient women at the front desk went out of her way to sort out a problem that we had with the next leg of our tour (nothing to do with the Los Girasoles). She got right back to us with all the correct info. It's this kind of quick service done with a smile that eleviated our concerns.
The market was close by. Although I didn't visit it, the other 4 members travelling with my hisband and I enjoyed the experience. My husband and I had a long walk to the ocean and walked along enjoying the scenery and the people who were our and about.. On our walk we also visited the mall built into the side of the hill - an interesting mall with some high end stores.
A light dinner was enjoyed by my travelling companions and myself back at the hotel. It did the trick after a long day of sight seeing.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank 2ontheroadToronto
Reviewed May 2, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed here for two nights and we enjoyed the location but not much else. The rooms were very basic. Our first room smelt really bad and smelled like a chain smoker lived in there so we requested another room. Our second room was fine except there was lots of long hairs on the floor. One other complaint... On our first night we quickly awoke at 3 A.M. as one of the staff members was trying to get into our room. He had a key and had opened our door but could not get in as we had the chain lock on the door. Needless to say we did not sleep very well the rest of the night. We complained to the staff about this but they did not give us a good answer on what this staff member was doing. We spoke to the staff in proper spanish yet they were still not very friendly compared to other hotels we have stayed at in Peru.

On the positive side-
1) My wife and I enjoy walking and found this to be in an enjoyable location that was easy to get around to the sites and we felt 100% walking around the local áreas.

2) The breakfast was pretty good and was included with the stay.

All in all I would stay here again due to the location and the fare of the room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mvkicker
ViajeroWLimaPeru, Gerente at Girasoles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

We apologize for the problems occurred during your stay. We evaluated the incident and observed the errors occurred. We believe that we have been able to do it much better, as you can see in the positive comments in TripAdvisor about the experiences of our guests. We would appreciate if you contact us to the mail comercial@losgirasoleshotel.com, so we can express directly our apologies and compensate you in a possible way.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We arrived late from a long flight. The staff, even at a late hour, were very helpful and welcoming. The hotel is well appointed with a sunny atrium and cafe. Both the room and bathroom were very clean and the beds were comfortable. There was a good choice on the buffet breakfast. Wifi is available. Great introduction to Peru for travelers arriving late.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nancy W
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The staff were always ready to help you, the rooms were great (clean, bright), showers were lovely. They had a great included breakfast. Good location - not right in the heart of Kennedy Suare/Plaza de Armas, but definitely walking distance... plus taxis are super cheap in Peru, so I'd even recommend this place for older people (a taxi to Plaza de Armas, Mercado Indio, etc should be about 3 or 4 soles, depending how many people are going in the taxi).
They stored our luggage with no problems, free wifi, and one free computer downstairs in the lobby.
Airport transfer to/from the hotel is 45/50 soles (cheap, considering its a 45-minute ride)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
ViajeroWLimaPeru, Propietario at Girasoles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Very grateful for your comments, we appreciate you share your experience.