“Ripped me off!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #139 of 226 Hotels in Lima
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Ripped me off!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

The manager told me he would refund me the two nights I had paid in advance for and then refused after I had checked out.

The location is OK but the hotel is old, tired and very noisy.

If you want cheap it is OK but I recommend that you go elsewhere.

Room Tip: The top floor is the quietest but the lift does not go all the way to the top. Choose your pain!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Czech first
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

We began a ten day tour at this hotel, and it wasn't a good beginning. Upon entering the room, near midnight, after a long flight, I discovered the bed had been slept in, covers partially pulled back, with hairs on the sheets as proof. Maybe staff were catching some shut-eye.

Miraflores is supposed to be more peaceful than Lima proper, but all night long there was street noise and car alarms going off, plus guests in the courtyard making merry til 3 am on Fri night. The windows just don't provide insulation, and at 4:30 am emergency vehicles broke the quiet.

The rooms are tired, and worse yet, after changing some money at the front desk, at a pretty good rate, our cab driver to Barancco refused several of the bills as fake. To the hotel's credit, after denying that it could be their fault, they did exchange the bad bills for real ones. This is a big problem in Lima, and the front desk did have an ultraviolet light to authenticate bills, which I began to take seriously.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Robin B

Travelers are raving about these Lima hotels

Folsom, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I'll start with the positive. The breakfast that is included is delicious and extensive with many options to choose from. There were meats, cheeses, beans, peruvian potato dumpling type things, pasteries, fritatas, fruit, rolls, eggs, sausages and more. The location in Miraflores is convenient near markets, restaurants and other shopping. The front desk staff speak English which was really helpful since I don't speak Spanish. They exhanged my dollars for soles at a good rate. I accidentally left my cell phone in the business center and they returned it to me. The couryard area is attractive and pleasant. There was A/C in my room. Now for the downside: The room I had was pretty run down. Our bed was two twin beds pushed together. The carpet needs replacing. The grout in the tile looks dirty. There was construction going on that started very early in the morning directly right across from our room so it was REALLY noisy. (The hotel cannot be held responsible for construction at adjacent properties, but it did affect our stay.) The wifi didn't work in our room, but did work downstairs in the lobby and courtyard area. We paid $90 per night which was supposedly a discounted group rate.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer D
Lodi, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I so enjoyed my stay at Ariosto Hotel over several nights, November 2012. The staff were very cordial, helpful, and capable. There were a couple little glitches in my room (light not going on in bathroom, etc) but room was pleasant and clean. Lunch in restaurant there was handy and very good. The complimentary breakfast large complete buffet is what is drawing me back for a return stay in February!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Bronx, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Hotel is about 4 blocks from square/park. Breakfast is more like a brunch more lunch items than breakfast items. Nice computer room. good service from Bartender/waiters. Hotel is reasonable for location , meal and internet service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

I started staying at this hotel in 2005. It is located close to our Lima Peru offices in Mira Flores. Working on rotation, I was here a couple of nights every 3 weeks until 2008, then here again in 2011. I love this hotel and the people who work here. I have stayed so often that everyone knows me and greets me by name. This is a "getaway" from the standard Holiday Inn type hotel. This hotel has the feel of an old Peru family home. The building is older, and the furnishings are somewhat dated. But the rooms are very clean, the bedding is fresh and clean, the TV is a modern flat screen with satellite and local cable connections (which means lots of programming in English). As mentioned, the breakfast buffet is excellent, and other meals are just average. There are lots of excellent restaurants and one decent "american" sports bar within walking distance, as well as Larcomar. I am a fluent spanish speaker, so I am not sure how the english is for visitors, but I can tell you that at least two of the desk clerks speak passable english. The area is very safe in a nice section of Lima, well patrolled, and I have never had a problem walking around here, even to a nearby supermarket as late as 10 PM. This is my home in Lima, Peru. I will be travelling to Peru in December with my wife to visit Machu Picchu, and you can bet that Hotel Ariosto will be my beginning and ending stay. I do recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the back and above the interior central plaza are the quietest. Avoid the street side...
Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Wrld2C
Cooperstown
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have stayed in the Ariosto hotel twice and have eaten almost all my meals there. Twice about a year a part I picked up a significant GI bug with all the usual symptoms including a fever and chills. I am unable to pin point the source of the problem but suspect it to be a Hotel breakfast. When I return to Lima I will stay here again but I will watch what I eat! This is not an unusual experience in Peru.

Room Tip: As for away as possible from the street. The weekends are VERY noisy.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business