The Point Hostels - Lima
Excellent 5/5
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
Good 3.5/5
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 16, 2012

+ great staff, good bar, good food, comfy beds, good for parties, good location

-no communal kitchen, no power outlets in the room, a bit noisy if your not partying

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 25, 2011

I had a great experience in The Point hostel. The hostel is clean, has friendly staff and above all there is a great atmosphere. I latterly felt home after 2 days. I stayed 6 days in end which was longer then I planned to. That had mostly to do with the great bar in the hostel and clubs where they took me at night. Besides the hostel, Barranco is a really nice neighborhood, where I felt a much better vibe then in Miraflores where I stayed the first time when I was in Lima.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 14, 2011

this was my penultimate hostel of an 82 hostel round the world trip, and its up there as one of the best. its in such a lovely area, Baranco is so laid back and swanky, whereas the rest of Lima can be a bit rank. the big lovely dorms had huge lockers for rucksacks under the beds, the showers were hot, the food was good and cheap, the people were amazing, and the beer was cold - and that's pretty much all you need. there is an on site travel centre that booked us a hotel near the airport for our last night, and we were gutted to leave!

the staff are fun, the bar was great, and some of my best nights in south america were had at this hostel. my greatest memory will be sitting in the courtyard trying to discuss important things but struggling to get the words out - looking up to see all the other hostel guests arriving for breakfast and realising it was 9am.

having said that - its only a party hostel if you want it to be. stay here, you will not regret it!

Room Tip: the front 9 bed room is huge with high ceilings. i loved it.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I stayed here a few nights and had an awesome time. The location is great, Barranco has a laid-back feel to it and there are good restaurants nearby. The bar has good drink specials and is a great place to meet other travelers. Also has a helpful travel center that will book bus tickets for you. Bathrooms are new and clean, free wifi, friendly staff.... overall great atmosphere, would recommend it to anyone needing a place to stay in Lima

Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 16, 2011

The Point hostel in Lima is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. As per all Point hostels, they didn't have our reservation when we arrived (their online booking system really doesn't work!) but they found us a room anyway, and they even gave us a whole 4 bed dorm to ourselves (there were 2 of us) because they didn't have any doubles. The bar and garden were always buzzing, and a great place to meet people. Breakfast after a heavy night at the bar was really good too. Lima itself wasn't very exciting but we were happy to spend most of our time there in the hostel. You have to get a bus/ taxi into town (unless you walk, like we did, but it takes about an hour!) but the area around the hostel has some good restuarants so you don't have to go into town too much.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
TPHMarketing, Guest Relations Manager at The Point Hostels - Lima, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2011

Hi
Thanks very much for your review! We are glad you had a great time with us, we were aware of some problems with the online booking system and have now fixed the problems that we had. Thanks again and happy travelling!
The Point