“WONDERFULL COUNTRY , NICE HOTEL !!!!”

Basadre Suites Boutique Hotel
Ranked #127 of 226 Hotels in Lima
ITALIA
“WONDERFULL COUNTRY , NICE HOTEL !!!!”
Reviewed February 8, 2010

excelellent and very friendly athmosphere !!!! very quiet hotel !!
thanks for all the help !!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
San Diego, CA
Reviewed January 2, 2010

Basadre Suites impressed us most with their kind and helpful staff. The receptionists, doormen, and associated cab drivers were all pleasant to deal with. Also, this place had the best breakfast of any hotel/hostel during our 2-week stay in South America (I'm a sucker for scrambled eggs and hash browns). We paid $80 per night, which I think is reasonable. The listed rate was about twice this, which I think is unreasonable. The rooms are basic but adequate, with air conditioning, a refrigerator, and wifi. Ours had a TV, but it was left unplugged because the 3-pronged cord didn't fit into the wall outlet (luckily my travel power adapter kit had a fitting that worked). Supposedly this is in one of the only safe parts of Lima, but be aware that it is a $25 each-way cab ride from the airport. Overall, if you're staying in Lima, I would say that this place will suit your needs. However, I don't recommend stopping over in Lima if you can avoid it.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Deerfield Beach, Florida
Reviewed December 26, 2009

I stayed 9 days at the Basadre Suites from 12/11/09 to 12/20/09, the following are my comments:
♦ Very well located in an exclusive and quiet neighborhood
♦ The room was clean and comfortable.
♦ The service was excellent and the personnel is courteous and efficient,
♦ Any unexpected problems are handled by the owner in person
♦ The breakfast buffet is served at small dining room and is varied and healthy
♦ It has a reading/receiving area for visitors with a flat screen plasma TV, it also has
room service, money exchange and parking facilities.
In conclusion, it is a very nice place to stay at a reasonable price and I plan to stay there next time I visit Lima for business.
Eudoro A. Olguín, P. E.
eudoroarmandoolguin.P.E@gmail.com

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
chicago
Reviewed December 15, 2009

well, I want to see only good things, i went there for business and since the moment i went there i felt like home,the security help me every day to pick a taxi ,the cheapest one obviously , and the food was great the lomo saltado was delicious, thanks cesar (chef)the girls from reception were very kinds.Finally, the service,rooms,area everything GREAT .

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 11, 2009

This was my fifth stay at Basadre Suites. Without a doubt this is my favorite hotel in all of South America. When you stay at Basadre it can only be described as an experience you will want to share with all your friends and family. From the time you land at the airport until the time you depart Basadre, they are there making sure your stay is memorable.
During my stay, I needed emergency dental work done. Not only did they arrange a for a dentist(trained in America) to see me, they provided transportation and negotiated a fee for a root-canal.(120 dollars) WOW!!!!!!!!!!
When I arrived, I inquired about dining at the restaurant Anthony Bourdain filmed his show in. Not only did they fine the name of the restaurant (Sonia's), the owner (Mr. Fabrizio Jeri) personally escorted me there and joined me for lunch. What a treat!!!!!
His hotel is GORGEOUS!!!!!, from the perfectly manicured gardens, to the new flat screen TV'S. All the rooms have heat and air conditioning, along with unlimted hot water.
The staff is very attentive to yours needs yet not intrusive. I almost forgot, the international breakfast they provide(complimentary) is the best in all of LIMA.
All in all I can't wait to visit my friends at Hotel Basadre again!!!!
I LOVE YOU GUYS

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 8, 2009

We booked this hotel after reading the reviews on TA and we were extremely disappointed. How does this hotel define 'suite'? All we got was a room with an en-suite bathroom. Where is the suite? We have been travelling for the last 2 months and stayed in 17 hotels and bar one hotel on a par in Manaus, this is the worst hotel we have stayed in. The hotel must have been built in the early 1970's and has received very little attention since. The rooms smell damp, musty and are very dated. The walls and woodwork are covered in scuff marks, the carpet is stained and the room feels dirty. The furnishings and curtains are exrremely dated and the inside of the built-in wardrobe looks particularly grubby. The air conditioning uint is out of the ark and the only modern item in the room is the small flat screen tv. There is an old domestic fridge in the room which is quite noisy. The bathroom has been revamped in the last 5 years but that is also starting to show signs of wear.

Our room overlooked the garden which was nice and had a small pool. However the downside was a huge industrial water pump in the garden about 3 metres tall which went on and off all the time and was very noisy. The noise from the pump added to the noise from the fridge in the room made it impossible to sleep without ear plugs.

Security was another concern. Although there was a safe in the room, it was in the wardrobe and was not attached to anything, meaning you could pick it up and walk away with it!!. Also there was a sliding window next to the door which the cleaners always left open so that anyone could lean in and open the front door from the inside;.a key was not necessary to get in. We had to ask the cleaners not to open the window when they left the room.

Breakfast was hit and miss. Most days we went to breakfast an hour before it finished and all the hot food, fuit, cheese and ham were gone and they were not replenished. You had to ring a bell to get service which included getting hot water for tea, cold milk for cereal, fruit juice and even cutlery and crockery. Eventually we were offered an omelette some days.. Another morning the service was better and there were 2 members of staff fussing over us offering us toast and eggs but overall breakfast was a disaster.

San Isidro is very residential and there are no restuarants or bars near the hotel. Although there is a 'town centre' its very small and only seems to have burger joints so most evenings we went to Miraflores. Also most of the taxi drivers had difficutly finding the hotel on our return and we ended up directing them even though we weren't that familiar with the area.

On the plus side; the hotel had plenty of hot water, a comfy bed, the reception staff spoke English and there was free WIFI in the room (although the signal was not great ). Overall we would say don't stay here. stay in Miraflores in a better hotlel. This hotel was not good value for money, in fact it was not good at all and best avioded. It was really no better than a hostel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoGaz08
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 7, 2009

I found this hotel was very comfortable and the staff were uniformly excellent. I had a number of things I wanted to arrange including booking a hotel in Aquas Calientes later on in my trip and the hotel reception phoned the hotel and made my reservation.

I would also rate the breakfast buffet which was one of the best I've encountered anywhere.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo