“ROOM COMFORT!”

Ranked #8 of 228 Hotels in Lima
Chicago, Illinois
“ROOM COMFORT!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

The good: The actual rooms are humongous, sparkling clean, nicely decorated. It has all of the comforts a 5 star hotel should have. It seems that they recently remodeled all the rooms because everything looks very new, modern and sophisticated. The bathroom was as big as the bedroom area, very spacious and appealing. At least my room was (room 703). Each room has plugs for 220V and 110V electronics.
The service was excellent as well as the food at the hotel. Everyone was very polite and professional. The hotel is located in an upscale residential area.

The few negatives: Since it is located in a residential area, there is really nothing to do around that would be walking distance (no places to eat, have a drink or just not to be inside the hotel). If I wasn't there on business, I would have probably chosen to stay somewhere more centrally located.
The gym and spa are accross the hotel's inner outdoor patio on the 7th floor. The only negative about having stayed on the 7th floor is that the doors to go from the hotel to the pool and gym areas were always opened and it got quite cold (I went during their winter)

If you are coming on business and either will be renting a car or been picked up, then this is your place. It is a great hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I’m writing this while staying at the hotel. When I checked into the hotel in the evening a couple of days ago, they said it would be noise because of the remodeling. I travel often and stayed at a hotel under remodeling before. However, I did not think I would literally be in the middle of the construction at this hotel!!! Continuously hammering and drilling from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm yesterday– the noise was so loud and close and I felt like drilling myself. I was working in the room all day long and I started having a headache and feeling nauseous around noon. I was trying so hard not to call to the front desk because I did not want to be an obnoxious guest. Finally I asked one of the managers came to my room at 4:45 pm since I felt like someone’s drilling into my head. I asked if she could stay in that room or put her family in that room and her answer was NO. Then, they should NOT have put any guest in that room or on that floor. I asked other room with less noise but no response back until this morning. I’m now sitting at a coffee shop to work escaping from the hotel. I have to stay at the hotel 3 more days and don’t know how longer I can stand this….

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
8 Thank SunnyHouston
Potomac, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed here in July, in the middle of Lima's Winter. Low temps were in the 40s, but i noticed the thermostat in the room wasn't working. So I called the desk, and they sent up a space heater! This kept the are right by my bed warm, but it's a large (and nice, I admit) room, so the rest of it was freezing. Plus the electricity only works if you keep your key in, so everytime I left the room got even colder again.

Beyond that, the hotel is on a somewhat noisy street, not by far the noisiest in Lima, but noisy enough. Even though I was on the 15th floor, I heard dogs barking, police sirens, etc., practically like I was sitting outside. The hotel just renovated my room, but obviously didn't invest at all in noiseproof windows.

Tip: Pardo's Chicken, which has excellent grilled chicken, is just a few blocks away. it's too hazardous to walk due to missing sidewalks and crazy Peruvian drivers, but they will deliver, look up the number before you go, and you can skip at least one meal at the expensive (for Lima) hotel restaurant).

Room Tip: If there are any rooms not facing Cerros de Camocho, ask for one of them, it will be quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank danielbeez
Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I have stayed here several times, and love the place. The staff are great; restaurant food excellent; and a relaxing bar at the 19th hole! A perfect spot to stay, and once the renovations are complete, this will be one o fthe best hotels in Lima if you prefer to stay in the Surco/la Molina area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Bogota, Colombia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

I was there 5 nights. The room that I got was very spacious and the bed and linen were very good.. I had very relaxing nights... you will need those since the traffic is so, so bad... i regret I had not time to enjoy the spa. The water falls are a nice touch to the environment.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ximena C
Centerville, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

We were about to book a couple rooms but only two floors are functional with lots of noise and confusion. Normally it is good hotel for business and the rates are very competitive. I don't care about golf so it did not bother me it was not on the golf course as it might appear from the photos and the name of the resort.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Turin, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I have been advised by some friends to come here and I am happy of the choice. Kind receptionists, very clean, large room and bathroom with a view to the city of Lima.
Kind of fashinating place....
All services I tried work well: internet is fast enough to load pictures.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business