“Ok hotel”

Ranked #165 of 224 Hotels in Lima
Melbourne, Australia
“Ok hotel”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I cant say much more then what people are staying is true. However you pay for what you get . The hot water dose take about 10 minutes to work. We rang and they just said let the water ran it will get hot. And yes it did. One of the best hot shower I have had while away. The room are ok ( remember it is just somewhere to sleep (not stay forever)and it is so close for walking around. And well we pay $25 dollars . What do you want? well breakfast you all should just past on that. And if you are like me and need coffee in the morning DON'T go this place for breaky/coffee . Yuk. We when to a place call R.H Atlanta for breaky and yes go there the coffee is very good. What it cost about $10 dollars for coffee ( good) juice toast eggs bacon. Go there much better.

Room Tip: Great place for it price. Close to all thing coffee is s..... And so is breaky. However the baris...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Ireland
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed ere for the first 2 nights of our tour. Staff at reception barely spoke English. Breakfast was horrendous. 2 days in a row...coffee essence...not nice. You could provide a simpler brekkie for nicer! Also the worst part of our stay was when we requested a larger map of town which we were given an A4 copy of, took it back to our room and when I folded it up I noticed it had 2 copies on the back of 2 woman's passport photo pages, they were from Germany. When I bought it to the attention of the receptionist she said ya that's ok you can keep it, I tried to explain that this was in fact not ok and a breach of someone's confidentiality, she did not care! On arrival they copy your passport and I guess they recycle the paper on the other side and give it out to the public. Worst hotel I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank AineM191

Travelers are raving about these Lima hotels

Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Great cozy bar located at the Hotel Maury in downtown Lima, Pisco Sour is one of the best you can find in town, this is the bar were Pisco Sour was invented. Walking distance from Main Square, old fashioned bar with great service, definitely worth to try if you are around.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank citizoftheworld
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed May 15, 2013

It was not by choice that we stayed at his hotel, it was part of our tour but I would recommend against it. It is very old and that is starting to show. For the first two days there was no hot water in the hotel, and after 27hours of travel this did not go down well. When we enquired as to what was going on, the answer was always 10 minutes. It was a very long 10 minutes.
Location wise, it is in a good spot in the city and close to all the attractions. The bar downstairs makes the best Pisco Sour in all of Peru but be careful and they are lethal.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed April 11, 2013

If you care about cleanliness, then don't stay at Hotel Maury -- under any circumstances. It's not that the place is old, but that they clearly haven't made any investments in upkeep in the last 30 or so years. Stained carpets and walls, dingy towels, uncomfortable beds. The whole place felt nasty. No safe in the room either. If you're from North America or Europe, let me go a step further and suggest that there's really no reason to venture into central Lima at all, never mind stay there for a night. If you must stay in Lima, the Miraflores neighborhood is much cleaner, quieter, and safer, and the hotels there are of better quality. Avoid this hotel at all costs.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 26, 2012

When travelling you have to expect what you pay for and with Hotel Maury it is in your favour. The room is really quite comfortable and surprisingly spacious. We certainly had plenty of room to spread out and it was very well maintained. The location of the hotel is amazing for exploring some of the historical sights of Lima such as the Cathedral and the Catacombs. It is also great for investigating some of the nearby central shopping (malls and the like). The staff are very friendly and accommodating and there was no problem with speaking English. There is always a downside and it is definitely breakfast... woeful (as most are in this area), but breakfast was not the reason we stayed at the hotel and for the small cost of buying something at the supermarket we were not too perturbed. In summary the room is good and the location fantastic and if that is what you are really after then it is worth a look.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jeremy D
New Zealand
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My travel agent had booked my in for 2 nights before and after my trek with a airport pick up and breakfast. There was no one to pick me up from the airport and after a very long delayed flight this was not acceptable. When I rang them they said there was a festival in the city and it would take 1 hour to get to the airport. I caught a taxi to the hotel. I was put in a room that stunk of urine. The next morning I went down for breakfast and was told I could not have any. When questioned and I showed them what I paid for on my voucher they told me I was wrong. When I questioned why they did not pick me up they firstly said that they were there but my plane was late and then they said no that was not included. On going out to the airport for my flight to Cusco I noticed a hotel next to the airport and booked there for my return trip through Cusco.
No apology from this hotel has been forthcoming - but hey I did not expect it. Very bad service and lies from the reception staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo