“Larco Museum”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Larco Museum”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is one of the most fabulous museums I have visited and their staff of docents are very knowledgeable and personable, especially Michael Angelo! Yes, folks that's his real name.
If you are in Lima it's really the only reason to be there. The rest of the city is polluted and the drivers are insane, but worth it to see this museum

Visited September 2013

Miami, Florida
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Lima Intl. Airport and LAN: Worst treatment at an airport ever -”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Amazing incompetence of the LAN staff and with the security staff. LAN overbooked the flight to Cuzco. Part of our party was left behind and never was able to go to Machu Picchu.
They even made us pay for the "airport tax' over and over again, as we kept coming back to try to fly out on other flights. Even going back to the desk at LAN, they then would tell us to go back to the gate and we had to go through all the airport tax line and pay again, even though we had the receipt that we had just paid about 1 hour ago. One of our team members that was given a boarding pass, the LAN gate agent asked to see it as she boarded, took it away from her and gave it to his friend waiting on stand-by. She never got to go to Machu Picchu after all that. The first night, LAN did not even comp our hotel rooms! And... all their luggage was in Cuzco waiting for them for days. So, they had to wear the same clothes.
I have been to Machu Picchu 3 times in my life. I love it there. It is really amazing. However, i wish to never go back to Peru in my entire lifetime, nor fly with LAN.
My advise to you: I would rather spend my travel money in more "tourist friendly" places.
LAN never acknowledged any wrong doing. I've never been treated more poorly in all my travels around the world... Actually, I was treated much better in Cuba!

3 Thank Happy H
Middletown, Connecticut, United States
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“A city like none other”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

You need many days to see everything in Lima. The people are warm, and very friendly with tourists. The food is unbelievably delicious.

Visited April 2013
West Kelowna, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Love Lima”
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Lima is a beautiful old city, I love the people the architecture. Beaches are beautiful I would love to have spent more time in the great city..good food, and great pisco sour..a great base for travel through out Peru.

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The City of Lima”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

There is lots of traffic however in your hotel lobby they will recommend the best kind of shuttling. We did lots of walking to the cathedrals and quick taxi rides. Lots to see plan ahead with some agenda on what you would like to see and do so you would be somewhat prepared.