“Quick visit to Lima”
Review of Posada Monterrico

Posada Monterrico
Ranked #21 of 345 Lima B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We loved staying at the Monterrico Posada. We were met at the airport and taken there when our flight left several days later. Herman and Gaby were so helpful, even long before we arrived. They responded to our emails and questions very quickly. Our accomodations were excellent. One couple stayed in the actual house and another group of 3 stayed in a guest house in the yard. There is a pool, well-maintained grounds, and an interesting peacock on the grounds...beautiful to see. There are several very good restaurants just down the block which Herman can point out to you and it is just a short walk to Jockey Plaza for all sorts of food and shopping.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the guest room further back from the road. The couple in the house commented abou...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed at Posada Monterrico for two nights. My husband had stayed here before too. The owners were lovely and the house was very comfortable with needed amenities. The grounds were nice and green, tropical and relaxing.
The location is close to the US Embassy and Interpol, as well, as Jockey Plaza, so my need for taxis while visiting was minimal. I also met their son and daughter-in-law whom I keep up with over email. Thank you Hernan and Gaby! We'll be seeing you again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is an excellent place to stay for a couple of days, because you almost feel like being at home. That's because the owners treat you like a real welcome guest, not like a number.

It feels like an oasis, because there's a nice garden with a peacock who is just beautiful to look at.

Only downside maybe is that because it can be a bit damp, the rooms have a damp smell.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The location is very quiet, bed is very good and the owners are very friendly and helpful, garden is very beautiful. The bathroom is outside my room which is not convenient, my friend's room is just painted and smells.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Hernan C, Manager at Posada Monterrico, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Dear Cong,

It was a pleasure having you at Posada Monterrico!

We requested your evaluation in regards to your stay, and we would like to address the couple inconveniences you mentioned.

We would like to kindly remind you that the standard double room with non-shared, outside bathroom was your preference when booking at Booking.com. You can review your room choice at Booking.com under Reservations.

We would also like to mention that in our best efforts of keeping the high quality of our rooms, we perform maintenance in a constant basis (such as wall painting, for instance).

We very much appreciate your observations, but we do think your evaluation can slightly confuse potential customers.

We kindly ask you to consider modifying your review in regards to the bathroom and the paint smell.

As always, we put our best effort in serving our guests.

Best regards,

Hernan

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I am an educator and I went to Lima to attend a workshop. Posada Monterrico was the best thing that could happen to me for this super pleasent stay in Lima. The owners of this small, family hotel are wonderful peaople and treated me as part of the family. The "Posada" is a beautiful house with a very nice garden, and a pool. The living room is cozy and has a chimney to warm the freindly conversation at night, as Hernan and Gaby are great hosts. The rooms are comfortable with all the things you need to have a good night rest. The breakfast was superb, all you can eat and with fresh fruit, juice and a variety of choices of cheese and ham.
They aslo helped me sending a taxi to pick me up at the airport. The driver, a person of the trust of the owners was the man who helped me to move around every moment.
Lima is a huge city, Posada Monterrico is very well located near shopping centers and lots of schools. To stay at Posada Monterrico was just a great experience. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My wife, daughter, and I took a 3 week trip to Lima. It was my second visit to Lima. We planned our trip very late, so we had some difficulty finding accommodations for a 3 week period. Since my wife's family lives in La Molina, we were also hoping to stay within reasonable distance. Luckily, I just happened to find Posada Monterrico available. It is located in a very nice area surrounded by upscale homes in Surco. For us, the property was very conveniently located. It was within minutes of my in-laws, Jockey Plaza, transportation, etc. The accommodations were excellent. Our room was very nice with a flat screen TV, refrigerator, space heater, and bathroom with maid service. Fresh continental breakfast every morning with eggs cooked on request. Hernan and Gaby were great hosts, and their staff was also very helpful. Laundry was sent out for us on request, and they were very responsive to our needs. Overall, an excellent experience and we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was my 9th trip to Peru and when I 'm in Lima, I'll never stay anywhere else. The fast pace of Lima makes you want a refuge and Posada Monterrico is a beautiful oasis of tranquility and Peruvian culture. Gabby and Hernan (and if you are lucky, Gabby's sister Luchi will be there also) are sweet and helpful in all aspects of navigating Lima and Peru in general. They obviously enjoy interacting as much as you'd like. Meeting other guests from other nations was also a major plus. Also the close proximity to the fantastic Jockey Plaza Mall and it's wonderful restaurants is a major plus if you're staying busy. The only difficult part of staying at Posada Monterrico was leaving. Everything was exactly what I love about Peru.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo