“Peru trip - spring break”
Review of Vamos Expeditions

Vamos Expeditions
Ranked #6 of 141 Outdoor Activities in Lima
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Vamos Expeditions runs safe private tours and is a sustainable Peruvian travel company that works hand in hand with local NGO´s, indigenous communities and dedicated staff. Vamos Expeditions looks to offer quality experiences and helps travellers with the all the logistical and on-ground support they might need for a classic or a very special tour in Peru. We are here to help you! We operate since 2004 and have +3500 happy clients.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Stroller parking, Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Peru trip - spring break”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I went to Peru for 10 days with Vamos Expeditions for Spring Break with my MBA Classmates. It was a great experience. The Vamos Expeditions staff was very helpful and organized various activities for small groups who have different interests. We had a lot of fun.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank JessieH05
anneliesvamos, Owner at Vamos Expeditions, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear visitor,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about you Spring Break travel experience with Vamos Expeditions. I am very happy to know that you and your classmates had a great time with us in Peru.

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent experience with Vamos Expeditions”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Whenever you want a guide to go on a trip in South America, go with Annelies and Vamos Expeditions!! My husband and I had a great experience with them traveling through Peru for a week. Annelies provided excellent customer service, making sure we were both happy and safe at all times, she is very knowledgable about the culture, and she created the best custom made travel itinerary for us! The week flew by with nothing but good memories, and we largely have to thank Annelies and Vamos Expeditions for this! We would use them again in a heartbeat!

Visited November 2012
3 Thank lien k
anneliesvamos, Owner at Vamos Expeditions, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Lien,

Thank you for your review. It was really a pleasure to travel with you and your husband to Cusco and Puno. I really enjoyed your fun and happy presence!! I hope we can travel again some time together when your son is a little bigger.

San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing Vamos Expedition trips in Peru & Costa Rica… Beautiful sights, delicious food & fun adventures with new friends!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Whenever I go to Latin America, I contact Annelies & Vamos Expeditions, period. Annelies is hands down the best tour guide and travel planner you will find in that region! So far, I’ve had the pleasure of traveling with her twice – once in April 2010 in Peru and another time in December 2012 to Costa Rica – and those are two of the BEST trips I’ve ever taken in my life.
In Peru, we explored Lima, Cuzco, Lake Titicaca and Machu Picchu. We hiked the Inca Trail for four days (to enjoy the full experience of being in the natural wonders of the Andes mountains) and were accompanied by a team of strong porters helping us transition from camp to camp, as well as Annelies and another local guide leading us every step of the way. The 4-day trek went very smoothly and was totally worth it – and I will confidently say the Vamos team has everything to do with it. Annelies & her team made sure every detail was covered so that we didn’t have to worry about anything! We felt safe, well-rested, and were eager to start each day. The Vamos porters were extremely professional and kind to us. In my opinion, they consistently went above and beyond in making sure our journey on the trails was enjoyable and comfortable. Annelies was always on top of things, making sure everyone from our large 14-person group enjoyed the trek and knew what to expect of each day. She didn't skip a beat and was consistently full of positive cheer & energy throughout the trip. In addition, she listened to what everyone had to say while also sharing her amazing experiences and recommendations. Because Annelies organized and executed the trip in such a seamless manner, we got to completely enjoy and experience the trek to Machu Picchu – from the breathtaking views of animals, cloud forests and mountainous ranges, to the wonderful service, hearty meals and educational talks provided by the Vamos team. Once we arrived at Macchu Picchu, Annelies used her insider knowledge to help us get to the front of the line while waiting for the gates to open in the morning and showed us how to best experience the ruins of Machu Picchu. Afterward, she showed us a hidden gem of a restaurant in Aguas Calientes where she shared tons of cool tips on Peruvian cuisine and led us in dancing the night away. This all happened in just a week and I can assure you that this is totally representative of how the Vamos team runs ALL of their trips.

This past December, I joined Annelies again for 4 days in Costa Rica where we enjoyed hiking through forests, surfing at the beach and indulging in local foods. Once again, all of the logistics and details were taken care of by Annelies & her Vamos team. From many months before the trip to my arrival in Costa Rica, Annelies made sure I knew all of the important details and answered every one of my random questions. Prior to leaving for Costa Rica, I had run into a few travel snags of my own and unfortunately had to cut my trip short due to my demanding work schedule – Annelies immediately made it her priority to make sure I’d get as much as I could out of my shortened trip and experience all of the things I had expected to do in Costa Rica. She was very professional & caring toward me, and was quick to adapt when my plans changed. Because of her, I got to see rare animals, hidden beaches, amazing local restaurants and beautiful sights that I would’ve missed had I not been with her. One of my fondest memories from the trip is when we took a boat cruise where we rode alongside dolphins, dined on fresh seafood, and watched the sun set across the water. There’s a saying that the Costa Ricans say – “Pura Vida” – which is said in good cheer. Annelies definitely showed me a pura vida experience in Costa Rica!

On both trips, Annelies proved to lead with such grace and experience – she is well-connected across Latin America (and the world for that matter), charismatic, adventurous, full of energy, easy to work with, and most of all, she understands different cultures & languages. She’s the type of guide who pours all of her heart & soul into each tour group, and really connects with everyone. That is why there is something special about Annelies and the Vamos trips… You leave the trips gaining new friends, a peaceful mind and an open heart to explore more in the world. Thank you Annelies & Vamos Expeditions, for teaching and showing me so much! I look forward to another trip with Vamos in the near future!

Visited December 2012
3 Thank Robin K
Dear Robin,

Thank you so much for sharing your ideas here and for writing such an extensive recommendation for Vamos Expeditions. I really hope to be able to travel with you again soon because it's always a lot of fun to have you being part of our adventures!!

Ghent, Belgium
“Costa Rica, pura vida!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Last year I went on an amazing tour around one of the most beautiful countries in the world: Costa Rica. We were set on a roller coaster of adventures, such as a nightwalk trough the rainforest with flashlights, canoeing trough lianas while spotting great animals such as crocodiles, sluts, snakes, monkeys crazy birds,...., horseback riding trough the mountains, canopy ziplining, parasailing, dolphin spotting and so much more! The one person that made this trip unique was Annelies, our Vamos tourguide. With her expertise she made this trip a once-in-a-lifetime experience, everything was perfectly arranged. So I would definitily recommend Vamos Expeditions for your next adventure!

Visited December 2012
3 Thank ElineVH32
anneliesvamos, Owner at Vamos Expeditions, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear adventurer,

Thank you very much for taking a moment of your time to write a review about your travel experience with Vamos Expeditions in Costa Rica. I love to read that you had an amazing trip and that is was a once-in-a-lifetime experience for you. I hope to see you back on a next adventure.

Annelies
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing time in the Galapagos”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Had a great time in the Galapagos with Vamos Expeditions. Everything was taken care of -- food, lodging, logistics. We went on some great nature tours and I was even able to take a day and go scuba diving. The trip was an experience of a lifetime!

Visited June 2012
3 Thank Kristina G
Dear Kristina,

Thank you for your review about your trip to Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands with Vamos Expeditions. I am very happy to hear you had a fantastic time with us and we hope to have you back with us on another adventure in the near future.

Annelies