“Great service. Buffet worth your money!”
Review of Aromas Peruanos

Aromas Peruanos
Ranked #105 of 3,053 Restaurants in Lima
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Description: We are a Peruvian restaurant where you can find an spectacular lunch buffet from Monday to Sunday in which you can taste 35 or more of the most popular Peruvian dishes; and at night you can ask for our select menu developed by our chef for the most demanding clients around the world. Impossible to miss our hard drinks which are consider the most delicious ones in Lima !
Reviewed January 14, 2014

At first we called and they said that unfortunately due to the season, they were all booked. Nevertheless we sent an email saying that we were foreigners and were on a tight schedule, and if there were to be space, we would love to go. The email was answered in a matter of minutes and to our surprise, there had been a last minute cancellation, so we had our reservation.
The food was quite good. Ceviche and tiradito, my personal favorites, but I cannot complain of any dish. Worth your money, not as expensive as other buffets, and still a good quality. Would love to come back in my next visit to Peru.

3  Thank Luis E

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Try the buffet, it is really great. It is not so crowded like other buffet restaurants.

Try the TIRADITO and the CEVICHE.
All the best!!!!!!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

If you visit Lima, Peru, you can't leave without trying Aromas Peruanos. If you like Peruvian, they have some of the finest. Also they have a great buffet where you can sample many Peruvian cuisine staples. We showed without a reservation, and they were very busy, we explained that we were there all the way from Virginia, and the manager was really kind, told us that he would find a table for us, and not just that, they gave a complementary Pisco Sour while we waited. I can assure you it was worth the wait, their food is simple delicious, with the best service we experience in entire trip to Peru, great atmosphere.

2  Thank AlCifuentes
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've visited Aromas Peruanos more than once with friends and family. It is nice, comfy and has so many different Peruvian tasty dishes you cannot miss it. Love the food and love the prices! It is also an easy place to find and it is in a secure area of the city. I do recommend it!!!

1  Thank PAOLA I
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We had a family buffet lunch in this restaurant mid February. The place is easily reachable by taxi, and there is probably free parking space in front of the restaurant.

Aromas Peruanos has a comfortable and cozy decoration, the tables are not too jammed together leaving space between to go back and forth to the buffet table and the Sunday late noon crowd was not too heavy to make long lines. The service is reasonably quick and polite, which you can expect in a Peruvian restaurant. Later in the afternoon there was so much people, so a table reservation might be a good idea if you are moving with a bigger group. On weekends you may wish to be early (12:30 to 1 p.m. or thereabouts) to avoid queues.

The very best in this place are the original Peruvian tastes, which are also the restaurant theme. There may still be some work to do before reaching Michelin stars, but I think the Chef has succeeded well in creating both the selection of top Peruvian dishes and their very original tastes, which are presented "the way it should be" in the original form without unnecessary fuss or add-ins.The buffet table is elegant and well prepared.

As Entree (starters) the buffet table offers the most known Peruvian marine delicacies as cheviches, several tirdaditos, choritos, and so on; and I may suggest add Conchitas a la Parmesana from the kitchen menu, which is probably the best Peruvian marine dish (and I don't think I saw it in the buffet table). -- The main courses are a selection of the best known from all around Peru, some more and some less exotic, but all well prepared and inviting the original favors, which you can expect visiting Peru. You probably cannot eat them all, so you have a good choice to select the most appetizing. I recoomend to try the Rocotto Relleno from South Peru which was well prepared, not too hot as sometimes happens.

The buffet lunch was a good experience, the wine selection is adequate and cold beer is as good as ever in the Peruvian hot summer. I think that this restaurant can be recommended as giving a very good cost/quality relation, and that the original tastes and flavors of the Peruvian dishes are better and more "to the point" than in many fancy restaurants in Lima. I recommend this place for the explorers and lovers of Peruvian food.

1  Thank Jouni49