“Good Location Close to Lima Airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Limper B&B

Limper B&B
Ranked #25 of 303 Lima B&B and Inns
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Good Location Close to Lima Airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed here for one night after a long flight from the UK to Lima. The B&B offered me a taxi service from (and back to) the airport. This was great on arrival as I hadn't found my feet, was tired and it was nice not to have to think about negotiating in Spanish. The only observation I would make is that the price I paid would have been more cost effective had I shared the taxi. It was a bit overpriced for just one person given the pretty short distance but was outweighed by being met by the personable driver when I came through the airport. So in essence if you can share the taxi with others to the B&B I would recommend doing so to keep the cost down.

The staff were friendly and made we feel welcome throughout. I would recommend bringing the right money unless you pay by card, as they didn't have any change on reception until the next day. The room was spacious, comfortable and had a nice hot shower. There was a bit of loud music playing nearby when I arrived but as I was so tired it didn't really affect my sleep. The breakfast the next day was very pleasant including coffee, juice, bread, jam and a toasted ham and cheese sandwich.

I would recommend this B&B overall, I had a pleasant stay and it was very relaxed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sarah W

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed here twice on our recent travels as our flight connections were very early or late. Staff excellent and always replied to emails promptly. We arranged airport pick up and drop off through them which was about around $10 US. It is all you need without spending a fortune for just a few hours sleep and a nice hot shower!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Brasília
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Excellent hotel if you have a flight connection in Lima. It is very near the airport (5 minutes), and although the neighborhood is not very good, the hotel is very nice, the rooms are clean and it has a nice staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a night as we had 12 hours in between flights, we booked online and turned up to find that the rooms were not available! Stress! However they were very accommodating and found us another room and although it was small and not quite big enough for us we were grateful to have somewhere to get our head down and have a warm shower!
The staff were very friendly and helpful and although our stay was brief it was very handy for layovers!
Just ring ahead to confirm the booking!

• Stayed March 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed there for a layover. (2 female travellers) The staff were fantastic, went the extra mile - took us to a local restaurant and very caring. They organised someone to meet us at the airport and a taxi back there the next morning. Shirley and Leslie were great. Good size rooms, hot water, own bathroom, clean and great location.
We had heard rumours that Lima can be unsafe but we felt the exact opposite, very secure accommodation and caring staff always on hand.
Had a lovely breakfast in a friendly atmosphere chatting with guests and staff.
We were made very welcome and would recommend this to all travellers.

• Stayed March 2013
County Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Having a couple of layovers between my flights in and out of Lima, I just wanted a bed as close to the airport as possible. This was one of the few accommodations I had pre-booked as part of my long travel around South America. At the same time it was the accommodation I had least expectations for! However I could not be more wrong in my low expectations! This is one of the few places that have actually understood the meaning of 'superior customer service'! The owner and staff were nothing less than amazing, so friendly, helpfull and genuinely interested in their guests. The place opened in 2012 and all rooms are new, modern and bright. I had a private room at both stays and they were more hotel than hostel standard. Just wait till you see how the towels are folded up as an elephant or another animal when you arrive! The place can sort out taxi service to and from airport 24 hours at very reasonable prices and cheaper than if you go on a taxi yourself.

Thanks to Shirley and the girls for making this stay unforgetable!

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank TurboDK
Pelham, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We flew into Lima at Midnight and had a flight to Puno at 9:30 the next morning and wanted a place close to the airport. Shirley (the owner) had arranged for a driver to pick us up as well as take us back to the airport in the morning. Our room was comfortable and we had a nice continental breakfast in the morning. The best thing about the Limper is the helpfulness and attentiveness of Shirley. When it comes to customer service, Shirley knows what she is doing. And prior to leaving, you get a little souvenir of Peru.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bankerross
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lima
Callao
Hostal Las Fresas
#161 of 303 in Lima
Huayqui
#2 of 6 in Callao

Been to Limper B&B? Share your experiences!