“Very good burger”

Cuisines: American, Peruvian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Unlike pizza and wine, Peru is capable of producing a decent hamburger. This is another one of those places I heard about forever, but only recently decided to visit. I loved the atmosphere, kind of New York Deli, crowded and noisy; a business lunch environment. The friend who invited me warned that it is known for great burgers but lousy service, but this day the service was ok. I had the burger with my usual mix of aji, tabasco and mustard and felt the grease oozing into my blood stream with the first bite. Not a summer time place, I will be going back in the fall.

1  Thank IntiSurTravelPeru

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Peru just keeps coming and surprising us with just how amazing their cuisine is. Went to a few traditional restaurants prior, this is a burger restaurant owned by Gaston Acurio, who never disappoints. I have the Papachos Burger which was so big a shared this with my wife. Amazing burger which had Blue Cheese and onion ring on top, with Smoked BBQ sauce. If you havent commited enough sins already, then the desert is the real highlight. We had a Suspiro Limeno I believe. Outstanding. One thing Peru does well is amazing food at really competitive prices.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

The hamburgers are excellent and there is an amazing choice. They are very large and if you prefer your burgers rare, they come really rare. There is no menu in English however everyone who served us, both at the bar and then at the table, all spoke very good English and were happy to translate. Excellent cocktails too. We had no complaints about the length of time it took to get a table or to be served. The hostess and the servers were all really good.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

My 5 star rating for this restaurant has changed, now I have to lower it down due to its lousy service. It took more than 45 minutes to serve our burgers. We arrived early at lunch time knowing that it gets full by 1:30 pm. But how disapointed to be served at the end. All the customers that arrived later than us were happily eating away while we waited and waited. Nobody came to give us an explanation . I had to complain and then the waiter said that the order had not entered the system. He never showed up again until another 20 minutes.
The burgers are excellent but with a no reservation system and an appaling wait, makes me think when to visit again.

2  Thank xochitl
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I've been to this burger locale twice thus far. The first time it took about an hour to get our food and the second time it was sooner, however the order was not brought as we had specified. Still the food was well cooked, generous portions. The first time we went it was shortly after it had opened. So timing was naturaly off. It's a good experience, since the menu has plenty of burgers to choose from. The bar was good and beer selection adequate. I am partial to the Cuzquena Trigo, which is a special Cuzquena version that must be shaken lightly prior to consuming it. Prices are around 30 soles and up, or 12 dollars and up. There is a chain of restaurants called Bembo's which is very tasty as well. Variety of flavors and there is even a "Kobe Beef" burger that is very pleasant and low in fat.

I would like to add that this is not the best burger per say... Peruvian food is so assorted that all of it is quite enjoyable...