Hilton Lima Miraflores
  • Restaurant
Great 4.5/5
  • Restaurant
2,384 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeinfinity poolsocial restaurantgreat hoteldiamond memberwalking distancerooms are moderncar servicethe entire staffhighly recommend this hoteltop floorfew blocksbottled waterlate checkmira floresmachu picchushopping mall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I would not recommend this Hilton. I have been a Hilton HHonors member for many years and have stayed at dozens of Hilton properties around the world, this one is my one and only disappointment. I was there for 4 nights and 5 days I was very uncomfortable the entire time I was there.
Let start with my Executive Suite with the "private balcony". The first morning I woke up and walked out onto the balcony in my underwear and t-shirt and to my surprise, there were 3 men cleaning the windows staring at me, smiling. I ran inside my suite and it was very scary. After that I put on my sweats and went to the "executive lounge" for breakfast. Well there was a sign on the door saying that breakfast will be served in the lobby. ???? So I went down to the restaurant in the lobby and oh my God it was very embarrassing because the place was packed, apparently from a convention having a special breakfast or something. I was totally unprepared for that, sitting there like I was in my sweats and no makeup. After 15 minutes waiting for someone to bring me a menu I finally for a cup of coffee and it was instant coffee - yuck! I asked the waiter to please give me some brewed coffee for the love of God! Another 10 minutes later he finally showed up with my coffee. I went back to my room, got ready and went out for the day. That night I came back, took a shower and I was expecting two friends for drinks out on my balcony to admire the view before going out and guess what??? Because the bathroom is completely made of glass, no privacy, when my friend went to the bathroom to use the toilet we could see everything.It was very embarrassing.
The next day for the "happy hour" I was back from the beach, so I went to the Executive Lounge again. I grabbed some snacks and a glass of wine and went out by the pool, and the hostess approached me and told me that after I am done that I needed to return my glass and my plate to the lounge. I stared at her incredulously and she began to tell me all about how hey were short handed and they were having some problems with plates and glasses disappearing. Here I am trying to relax and the last thing I need is someone telling about all the problems the hotel is having and then telling me to do her job! I was very upset so I told her I wanted it to speak to the manager. The hostess came back over to me a few minutes later and apologized and began telling me more about some of the internal problems in the hotel. I told her that that is not my business and she needed to respect the guest. After that, I just wanted to leave that place. The last day at check out my driver came to pick me up. She parked in the parking garage down stairs, put my luggage in the car and then went upstairs to get the parking ticket validated, and the guy from the front desk told her she need it to pay $35.00 for parking! Of course she called me so I had to go upstairs and explain to the idiot at the desk that she was only there for 5 minutes to pick me up. He refused to stamp my ticket and wanted to charge my credit card, so once again I asked for the manager. He went to the back office and came back 30 seconds later, stamped the ticket without saying anything, and then said "I am doing this as a favor".
A favor?? Excuse me? Since when does the hotel staff do their guests "favors"? Their whole attitude while I was there was that I was inconveniencing them by being there and that everything I was paying for was actually them doing me a favor. It was not at all relaxing and I spent most of my time stressing out and wondering what they were going to do to me next! I spent my last 4 days at the Marriott - what a difference!
Stay away from this hotel. They are rude, inconsiderate and all they want is your money.

Room Tip: Go to the Marriott.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
12  Thank cebollafoster
HiltonLimaMiraflores, General Manager at Hilton Lima Miraflores, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review in Trip Advisor. It is unfortunate that we were not able to meet your expectations of the hotel during your recent stay in February.

We would like to inform you that we have amended our procedures regarding window cleaning. I apologize for the inconveniences during breakfast at our executive lounge and most importantly for the delays in service that particular morning. I would like to inform you that we are paying special attention to staff training and your feedback is important for us and helps us to take some corrective actions.

We strive to make our guests feel cared, valued and respected and my team and I are disappointed that we did not fulfill that promise during your stay.

We appreciate your preference as a Hilton Honors member and we truly hope that you would allow us the opportunity to be of service to you again and for you to experience the changes that have been made since your last visit. We are certain that we can meet and exceed your expectations and provide you with a truly memorable experience.

We remain at your service,

Marco Tabet
Hilton Lima Miraflores

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I have just spent a month in Peru and used this hotel as my base in Lima where I could safely leave luggage while I travelled to other cities. It was extremely comfortable with good amenities and I used the small but well equipped gym every day. The knowledgeable staff were top notch and couldn't do enough for you. They all knew guests by name and the personal touch and discreet, helpful service made all the difference. It's a good location within a 10 minute walk of Larco Mar and Parque Kennedy, and it's easy to pick up taxis to the centre. I would highly recommend this hotel, especially as I got a great price by booking early online so my stay turned out to be very good value. As an aside, the sheets they use are the softest and silkiest I've every come across........I'd love to know where they buy them!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We are 2 1/2 days into our visit to Lima. We had the great fortune of picking this hotel for our stay. The property and the room is beautiful. But I have to say that the staff is the best element of the hotel. Israel & Percy & Claudia & Erik whom you will find at the front desk or in the restaurant (Social) are wonderful. They were kind enough to book us on a fee tour of some of the neighborhoods tomorrow. Lima is a city everyone should visit (I can confidently say after but this one trip) and the Hilton in Miraflores is where you should stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2014

The Hilton Miraflores in Lima is a good option to stay for business or leisure. The hotel is located in the Miraflores District, where many of the best restaurants are located. The facilities are completely new, clean and well designed; the fitness center has all you need to keep your training going; the executive lounge is a good option for a healthy and light breakfast but don't expect a wide variety of food in there; the staff is very kind and always eager to help.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Very expensive imported mineral water is served in the lounge bar. Be sure to ask for San Mateo mineral water that is very like San Pelegrino and of course is cheaper than any european water. We got served Bodoit mineral water instead of peruvian water. Peruvians be proud of your San Mateo water!
Be aware also that at the Hilton's restaurant and Lounge Bar prices are listed without the 18% taxes and the 10% of service charge. This comes as a surprise for being in Peru where all restaurants have it included in their prices. I must add also that the service was very poor. The waitress was chit chatting all the time with the other people working at the lounge and didnt even pay attention to us to bring us the bill when we wanted to live.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends