“Just my type of hotel”

Ranked #6 of 232 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Great hotel, quick check-in and friendly staff -.just the type of hotel I like to stay at. Located in the Miraflores area of Lima, with easy access to the business area and excellent nearby restaurants (easily within walking distance). Breakfast is good and rooms very well equipped.

Con: Be aware that during peak traffic times a trip to the airport from this location can take anywhere from 45 to 90-minutes.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
HiltonLimaMiraflores, General Manager at Hilton Lima Miraflores, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Harry S,

Thank you for leaving such great remarks. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time at the Hilton Lima Miraflores. As you mentioned Lima traffic is truly one of a kind and during peak hours it can add some extra delays, a valuable tip for those visiting for their first time, so thank you for mentioning that. Peru is quickly becoming known for its culinary delights and our restaurant along with the others just next door are hands down some of the best places in town. Hopefully you had enough time to try them all. Thank you again for the great review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

This hotel is pretty new, I think it opened about 8 months ago. We stayed for 4 days in late August.

First, the location is pretty good - in Miraflores, a walk to the JW and the mall by the sea. Miraflores is supposed to be the Upper East Side of Lima, but it looks quite similar to the Bronx so this hotel sticks out like a sore thumb.

Check-in was easy, showed to our room. Very nice finishings on the bathroom. Shampoos were Peter Thomas Roth (which is standard for Hiltons nowadays). Room was very small - like New York small. Bedding was decent.

Perhaps the best part about this hotel is the service. We needed to fulfill a prescription at 2 or 3 AM in the morning and were about to send someone out to get the prescription for us. The pharmacy eventually delivered the drugs that we needed.

We left an iPad at the hotel and when we went back to pick it up, it was nicely packaged and waiting for us.

As far as the rooms go, I wouldn't expect too much from this hotel. The service, however, is definitely above par.

Room Tip: rooms are small, go for a suite
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Dear Thomaskshie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are glad to hear that our team was able to provide you with the type of service you expect from a Hilton property. Thank you for choosing Hilton Lima Miraflores and we look forward to having you again soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My wife and I just completed a one night stay at the Hilton Miraflores. We were very impressed and I highly recommend the hotel.

As a Hilton Diamond, I got an upgrade to a very nice suite. The hotel's lobby is nothing very special, but it's pleasant enough. Nice executive lounge with some complimentary drinks and light meals upstairs. We left too early to check breakfast before departing to the airport for our flight home. The pool outside the lounge looks like a good place to hang out, weather permitting; but again, we were there too short a time to see.

Good location in Miraflores, including walking distance from the Larcomar outdoor shopping/restaurant mall. I'm not big on shopping, but the mall's location high on the cliffs affords good views from the restaurants perched there.

Hotel has a nice, modern feel to it, especially in our suite. Can't comment on regular rooms.

What really impressed, though, was the staff, particularly the concierge desk. The head concierge, Juan, was extremely helpful in many ways, not least arranging for us to store most of our luggage at the hotel during our four-hour stopover in Peru en route from Cuzco (arriving in Lima by air) to Paracas (to which we took the bus). Very prompt, efficient communications regarding this and other matters such as restaurant reservations. Bell staff and others very good as well.

The hotel can arrange various transportation options ranging from its own vehicles to private car companies to public taxi companies, depending on your price preferences.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonLimaMiraflores, General Manager at Hilton Lima Miraflores, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Southside,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and can only hope that on your next visit, you will have more time to fully enjoy all that Lima and the Hilton Lima Miraflores have to offer. I will be sure to pass your comments on to Juan however I’m sure he has by now seen the comments for himself. As one of only six Clef d’Or holders in all of Peru, Juan is a great leader and an invaluable asset to our team. Thank you again for such wonderful remarks and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This Hiton Hotel is new, barely over more than 9 months. Located in the heart of the Miraflores district. Not far from the sea, about 1 hours to 1.5 hours away from the airport, depending on what time of the day. I got there within 45 minutes, but that was after midnight. The hotel has 205 rooms, and a few F & B outlets. The standard double is spacy and plenty of wardrobe space, there is no bath tub, but large shower. There is also free safe inside the room. As well as complimentary water. The bar downstairs don't close until 1 am in the morning. Arrived very late and decided to go to the bar for a drink, there was no crisp and peanut to compliment my drink, the bar staff got the Room Service kitchen to make me a plate of fried potatoes with sauce -- on the house. What more can one ask for ?? The pool is what I like most, a roof top pool, small but the atmosphere is better than anything, you have a good view of the city. It is on th 11th floor, where the Executive Lounge located too. There are also two jacuzzi next to the pool. The gym is also quite roomy for hotel gym. All in all, I like the amenities. You get book the rooom only but ask for the room with breakfast package, it is worth it. Breakfast is great, you could have fresh squeeze juice or smoothies to start with then a main, from sausage and eggs to pork chops....... European size portion, which is great for me, but very well done and tasty. Coincerge and front desk are very helpful too. I like this place and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonLimaMiraflores, General Manager at Hilton Lima Miraflores, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Superlegalbabe,

Thank you for the great review. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thrilled to hear that you will be coming back! Our team members will be happy to hear their hard work isn’t going unnoticed. I’m glad you mentioned the traffic. As you alluded too, traffic can definitely effect travel times. During rush hour it can take an hour or more but a typical ride to the airport shouldn’t take more than 45 minutes. It sounds like you really liked the pool area on the eleventh floor. I hope you get a chance to visit us in summertime when it’s not so cloudy. The views are even better! Thank you again for the great review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Yes, there are many comments about the hotel being new, beautiful, nicer than any other Hilton I’ve been to, etc, and yes, the pool / hot tub area is pretty spectacular and the food is good. These are all true.

I lived here for 3 weeks this summer and while the hotel itself is really nice, the thing that really struck me is that the people were such overkill on service (in a good way).

For example:
1. Shortly after arriving I stuck my hand in the water in the hot tub and noticed that it was cold. After a previous hotel where one needed to call ahead to have them turn on the sauna I wasn’t sure if this was perhaps just normal . . . after calling downstairs to see what was up I not only got an explanation but later received a handwritten note from the customer service manager, a different letter confirming that there had been a mechanical issue that was now fixed, and then they even tried to bring me a complimentary fruit basket.
2. I counted one morning – while walking away from breakfast I walked past 8 Hilton people all saying “have a nice day Mr. ____” just on the way out of the restaurant. And the people in the lobby are the same way; after a couple days even people who I hadn’t seen before seemed to know my name and I started joking to my colleagues that they must have pictures in some back room where they memorize the guests’ names before they come onshift.
3. My checked bag was delayed and I arrived with only the clothes on my back. After some airline trickery that left me still bagless at 10pm after most clothing stores had closed the concierge (Jorge) called around and located blue dress pants, a white dress shirt, and even socks and two choices of dress shoes that I could borrow to wear to the office for meetings the following day. Talk about going above and beyond the call of duty – thank you Jorge!

These guys earned my business and I will happily stay there again; I’ve stayed in a lot of Hiltons in the US and the only one I can think of that I like as much is the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, CA. Not bad company . . .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gringo555

Dear Gringo555,

Wow! Thank you for the kind words. As the General Manager this post makes me feel very happy. Our hotel and our team are so brand new but our growth since opening has been amazing. We seem to learn and make steps in the right direction every day. We always try and provide a more personalized service whenever possible and the rest well, that’s just our team being our team. I will be sure to share your kind words with the team, especially with Jorge who I know will be happy to hear them. Thank you again for the great remarks and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

It is a new property, and a very beautiful one. Very well-appointed throughout – elegant, modern and sober. Staff are friendly and competent – check-in and check-out could have been a little faster, but not an issue. Large, comfortable room, very spacious bathroom. Beautiful mood lighting. High in-room Internet fees but, again, not a problem as you can either go to the public areas or the business center, where it is free of charge. The rooftop pool is gorgeous – beautiful sunset (too bad only one day, as it was mostly rainy). Well-equipped gym (and always empty, great!). I also found the location to be a big plus: the area is pleasant and feels very safe, and there are excellent restaurants within walking distance (4 right on the same block). Dying to go back.

2  Thank CelloSP

Dear CelloSP,

Thank you for the great comments. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and even more thrilled to hear that you wish to return. Sunsets you can actually see are a real rarity this time of year. If you come back between November and February you’ll have better luck. Thanks again for the wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

All around very pleased with everything,
Super friendly staff, excellent services.
I will be back.

The only small downside I could find is due to a huge shower head diameter it loses a lot of water pressure.

• Stayed: September 2013
HiltonLimaMiraflores, Manager at Hilton Lima Miraflores, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear FloraMundiMarcus,

Thank you for the great comments. Short, sweet, and to the point. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!