“Nice but costly”

Ranked #6 of 229 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Pricey, breakfast needs improvement in choices, nice décor, good location, waiting for breakfast service can be improved. Need more coffee in room, not enough for one cup per person for a couple. Room size not the best for category. Very nice bath and bed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joao M
HiltonLimaMiraflores, General Manager at Hilton Lima Miraflores, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Joao M,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I’m sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the breakfast service. We try very hard to make sure every guest feels valued, respected, and well attended and we hope that you will allow us the opportunity to prove that we can do better. I hope that aside from a few minor issues with breakfast, that you stay was a pleasant one. Again, thank you for your feedback, we hope to serve you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Lima Miraflores

Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is a newer hotel in a residential part of Lima, Miraflores, which is very walkable, safe, and home to great restaurants. The rooftop pool was spectacular - it's winter now and I can only imagine how great it is in warmer weather; and the room was so tastefully done and comfortable I didn't want to leave. I opted for an upgrade since I no longer have HH status, but it included free wi-fi, full breakfast, snacks, and dinner/appetizers in the executive lounge. FYI - the total cost of the upgrade was only a little more than the daily wi-fi rate making it a great bargain (check often to see if upgrades are discounted). Hotel staff was super attentive and the nightly turndown service with a chocolate on my pillow, super soft sheets meant I slept like a happy baby every night!

2  Thank Carlan_Houston

Dear Carlan_Houston,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. We are extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we were able to exceed you every expectation. Summer is quickly approaching and we would love for you to get a chance to enjoy the rooftop pool with a little bit of sunshine. Thank you again for taking the wonderful remarks and we hope you visit again soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Hotel was beautiful. The pool and hot tub on the roof top were a big treat. Beautiful view of the night lights of Lima. The only problem was that there were no towels near pool and that the floor is very slippery on the way to the elevator. Bring flip-flops and towels from room and you will be o.k. Another plus: right next to excellent restaurant Amaz--written up by the New York Times and Anthony Bourdain.

1  Thank Terri Lynn B

Dear Terri Lynn B,

Thank you for the great comments. We are extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and upon the next visit we promise to have all the towels you need ready and waiting at the poolside. Thank you again for the great review. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is the new Hilton in Miraflores and it is well-appointed with wonderful staff. The rooms are modern, spacious, and very comfortable. The "king-size" bed is really a queen. The breakfasts are really good with delicious, fresh-squeezed orange juice. It is pricey but, if you get a deal on the room, it is well worth it.

Room Tip: If you are going with family and staying in more than one room, ask for rooms on the same floor as s...
1  Thank dawnstyle

Dear Dawnstyle,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I´m sorry you felt that the beds were not of adequate size. I assure you we have standard king size beds in every single king room, and standard queen beds in our double queen rooms. At times the big fluffy duvet and mix of soft and firm pillows can make the bed appear smaller than it actually is. Again thank you for the great feedback. We hope to have the chance to serve you again soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Outstanding service, amazing rooms/facilities, and located in a great part of Lima. We had an amazing time and would definitely go back to this Hilton. The beds, pillows, and duvets were SO soft. It was like sleeping on clouds (granted, we had come from five days of camping, but even so). The breakfast was amazing and the concierge was incredibly helpful, making awesome restaurant and cab recommendations.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear TripAdvisor member,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such wonderful comments. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our Clef d’Oro holding, lead Concierge and his team always try to surpass our guests’ expectations. I will be sure to share your kind words with them. Again thank you for the kind remarks. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Hilton Miraflores did not disappoint. From the moment you walk in you feel welcomed. Everyone was sooo nice, friendly and helpful. The rooms were comfortable and the heated pool and jacuzzi were great. Although the jacuzzi could have been a little hotter. We used our points so it was affordable but for the price you pay they should consider including wi-fi in the rooms. If you need a transfer from the airport I recommend you contact Jonathan at www.loccompany.com.pe He has reasonable rates and was a reliable and safe driver. We also hired him for the day to take us to Nazca. The only thing is that he doesn't speak much english but that's ok if you pre-arrange everything by email. They say they are 30 minutes from the airport which is true if you go at 5:00am....if you arrive during traffic it can take up to 1 hour so plan accordingly. Had dinner in the restaurant and its a meal I wont soon forget. Had the Peruvian Causa sampler and it was simply divine. My compliments to the chef!

2  Thank JsHappytravels
HiltonLimaMiraflores, General Manager at Hilton Lima Miraflores, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear JsHappytravels,

Thank you for taking the time out to leave such great remarks. We hope that we were able to exceed your expectations and I will be sure to pass your kind word on to our chef and his team. We hope your visit was as pleasant as could be and that you will be back to visit us again soon. Thank you again for your kind words and for your continued patronage as a Hilton Honors member. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

i stayed with my family for 4 days in The HIlton. Unlike the hustle and bustle of the Marriott where I had stayed the previous week, I wanted a peaceful retreat after our adventure in the Andes mountains and before returning to the States. Upon arrival, you are greeted by an assortment of muffins and pastries as well as juices. Ther eis also fresh fruit in every floor for guets. There is so much to say, I will break it down to categories:
LOCATION: This hotel is located in a quiet place just 5 blocks from all the busy tourist pubs, casinos,stores, etc. We enjoyed taking morning and afternoon strolls and walking down to all the tousist spots that surround this hotel. It was great feeling safe and retreating to your own quiet street with not much traffic. Loved the location.
SERVICE: The staff was out of this world! they truly are a TEAM! They mostly greeted me by name and knew who I was. when I fell ill due to the food at Madam Tusan's, I walked in for breakfast with my family and our waiter Johnny, suggested I eat nothing, but instead brought me 2 cups of tea. He then told me to come back 2 hours later and he'll tell the chef to make me a special chicken soup with lots of oregano. after the soup I was a new person! Johnny is the best!
Another day, I told our waitress Keiko, that I had to eat fast, because I wanted to meet with concierge to get Chef Wong's address for that afternoon. She told me not to rush that she would handle it. She then came back with the full address, cross streets and gave me some good tips on where to get the taxi and what to eat and not eat. She also spoke to my teen about all the rock bands she met in hotels... she is what makes a hotel feel like home.
CONCIERGE: what a great consierge Jorge was. I think I drove him crazy, but he always kept his cool and said; "Ms Esquiche, what you need it's ready". He arranged all my transportation, tours, answered all my questions, and made sure my dad had his newspaper every morning before 7:00 am. One morning, he dropped it off himself and apologized because it was 15 minutes late. I asked him all types of questions constantly and he was extremely pleasant. One of teh best in all my travels.
THEIR BEST KEPT SECRET: they have a bellhop young man(botones) named: JORGE.. and he knows everything! He was so helpful, from greeting us, to helping us with our bags, to giving us daily tips and what to do and not to do in Lima. When I asked him about the quality of the executive lounge, he took us there himself so we could see it ourselves, he also showed us the pool, gym, etc.. I am defenelty booking the executive lounge next time I go. look for him when you go.. he knows everything and is so pleasant.
OVERALL: This hotel caters to your evey need, and has teh SOFTEST beds ever. It's brand new, chick and modern. It has 4 of the best restaurants attached to it. It you want a peaceful retreat just 4/5 blocks from all the action, then this is it. class all the way..
Thanks for a great time! Katiuska Esquiche

Room Tip: corner roooms are large and sunny
5  Thank exquisite t

Dear exquisite t,

Thank you so much for your amazing review. I have already shared it with all the team and made sure to give an especially big thank you and congratulations to the team members that were mention by name. They were all very happy and appreciative however not nearly as happy and appreciative as am I knowing that we were able to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Our staff really does try and make sure every guest leaves feeling as though their expectations were not only met but exceeded and I’m thrilled you enjoyed your stay. From Jorge, Carlos, Keiko, Johnny, myself, and the entire Hilton Lima Miraflores team, we hope everyone is feeling better and we cannot wait to see you again soon. Thank you again for the kind words and for choosing Hilton for your visit to Lima.