“Miraflores Hilton”

Ranked #4 of 228 Hotels in Lima
Boerne, United States
“Miraflores Hilton”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is an excellent hotel with a very fine staff. The personnel in the Executive Lounge are extremely helpful. The hotel is situated within steps of a number of restaurants that have received excellent reviews on CNN International. It is walking distance from Larcomar Shopping.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Michael R
HiltonLimaMiraflores, General Manager at Hilton Lima Miraflores, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Michael R,

Thank you for your kind words. I’m so very happy that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was able to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. I hope you were able to experience the fine Peruvian cuisine while you were with us both here in Social as well as in the neighboring restaurants. Thanks again for your positive review.

Hilton Lima Miraflores

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Hilton for 9 nights. It really became my home away from home. The beds were extremely comfy, the room was always in immaculate shape. The service was amazing and everyone was helpful, friendly, gracious, and professional. I ate at the restaurant several times and the food was top notch. The mojitos were great as well. Wifi worked well, however one downfall was having to connect to a different one when leaving the room and going to the lobby. There were fabulous restaurants within walking distance and the Indian Markets were also within walking distance. The pool and not tub area was beautiful. My one and only complaint was that the hot tub was not 'hot', it was more warm. Great place to stay, I would return in a heartbeat!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank cobber2000
Dear cobber2000,

Thank you for your feedback! We strive to ensure that every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and to ensure that our guest’s expectations are exceeded and it sounds as if we were able to accomplish those goals during your stay with us. I’m very sorry if the internet or temperature of the hot tub inconvenienced you in anyway and I am personally seeing to it that both of these issues are addressed and resolved as soon as possible. Thank you again for your comments as well as for choosing the Hilton Lima Miraflores. We look forwards to having you again soon.

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night at the end of our 3 week Peru trip. What a mistake!! I recently switched over from the "dark-side" and left the Marriott chain to become a Hilton Honors member. That being so, I frequently use various Hilton properties all over the USA and abroad and expected the same sort of experience. What I got was a completely over-priced room with no wi-fi, no free bottles of water or an included breakfast. Hilton execs need to travel through Peru and see what other hotels are offering... Clean rooms, free wi-fi, free bottles of water everyday, free breakfast starting at 4:30am at most places, and a friendly and accommodating staff.

After checking in with at the front desk with a not-so-friendly receptionist, I was notified that the restaurant was closed for a private party for the night and not even a suggestion as to other dinner venues. We were shown to our room, which was neat and clean (just like MANY other hotels throughout the country). We quickly noticed the mini-bar prices which were extraordinarily $$$$, even for the Hilton. Also, not-so-surprising at this time was the view from our room on the 7th floor...right above the roof-line and down into multiple homes and businesses in various states of dis-repair and slovenliness!! For the almost $400 US cost of the room, you would think that we would have something pleasant to look at.

As we happily checked out we were offered a taxi. We had three suitcases between us and four blocks to go. The hotel- commissioned taxi driver took a lengthy, in-direct detour to deposit us just up the street... And had nerve to charge us $26 PEN, which is more than $10 US!!! The cost should be about $2 PEN...what a total RIP-OFF!!!

While this hotel is new, modern, and nice there are many many more options that are just as good in the same area for much less cost and that offer what seems to be standard amenities through-out the country. Be warned!!! Be informed!!!

And lastly, shame on you Hilton!!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Barbara M
HiltonLimaMiraflores, General Manager at Hilton Lima Miraflores, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Barbara M,

First and foremost thank you for your comments. Your feedback helps us to improve our product and our guest experience and for that we thank you. I’d like to also apologize for any issues you may have experienced during your stay with us. Sometimes things happen that are out of our control however, we never expect you to have to deal with attitude or experience anything less than the best customer service, which is what you deserve and expect. With that said, please feel free to contact me directly at Laura.Castagnini@hilton.com as to further discuss these issues. Again, thank you for the feedback and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Hilton Lima MIraflores
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I had a great 3 night stay. Service was outstanding. Hotel and rooms are in great shape. Rooms are very comfortable, quiet and clean. Rooms have coffee maker and mini bar (a tad pricey).

Nice fitness center and pool. Saw several guests take advantage of the hot tub. I only ate breakfast at the restaurant and it exceeded my expectations. Bar area was a great place to relax.

The hotel seemed like it was busy but yet I rarely seemed to see people in the halls or on the elevator. Mix of business and tourist guests. The lobby was a great place to hang out. It was open and warm with plenty of places to sit and have casual conversations or make use of the free wifi. (I still wonder how long they get away with charging for Internet in the room.)

I'll be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Tarheel_on_the_go
HiltonLimaMiraflores, General Manager at Hilton Lima Miraflores, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Tarheel_on_th_go,

Thank you for your kind remarks. We take great pride in providing our guests with the best stay possible and are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. As you mentioned, our breakfast is a big hit with our one of a kind table side buffet service, as is the rooftop pool area. Since we are located in a more residential area, our restaurant and café can at times be a little busier than the guest areas however, we’d like to think that that’s a good sign. Thank you again for such a kind review and we look forward to having you again soon.

Lambertville, United States
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Gorgeous new hotel in the Miraflores Lima. My husband and I stayed three nights in this great location. Beautiful rooms, linens and amenities. Wonderful service and staff. Would definitely use this property again if I have another chance to visit Lima.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Michele D
Dear Michele D,

Thank you for such kind words and I assure you the pleasure was all ours. We really do try very hard to make sure every guest feels as though their expectations were exceeded and I can only hope that we were able to have done this for you. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I spent three nights here in May and really really enjoyed it. We arrived around 5 am and having booked the rooms for the night before, we checked in and went straight to bed. The bed was super super comfortable and I also felt that I was the first person to sleep in the room, given how new everything was! I paid extra for the executive club and it was worth it given our odd hours. I was able to eat and drink a little whenever I needed it, and free wifi too.

The hotel's public areas are gorgeous, the bar in particular. Try the Argentinian sparkling wine. Really great.

There's a very nice gym on the roof next to the executive lounge. Kitted out very well. I did not have a chance to use the pool or the hot tubs but my friend did and said they were a bit chilly.

Amaz next door is AMAZING and it was fun to be there right before the Anthony Bourdain episode ran on Peru, when the restaurant knew they'd be highlighted. Really interesting ingredients. We had a plate of HUGE snails.

I was able to walk to the Indian market--about a 15 - 20 minute walk. This was a fine walk, but seriously every taxi in Lima honked at me along the way. I bought a bunch of alpaca and then went back the next day in a hotel car to buy more. The driver waited for me outside while I made my purchases. For the hotel car service, do be a little careful. We went to Central for dinner one night and took the car because my shoes weren't made for walking. Even through the restaurant was right around the corner, I think we paid 25 soles to get there? The drive back, also in a private car but from the restaurant this time, was only 12 soles. That would be my only complaint/suggestion...maybe for stuff within a mile, the could offer complimentary car service.

Overall though, I was impressed with the quality of the rooms and the concierges were always super helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Splurge on the executive level!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Krista N
Dear KristalnLondon,

Thank you for the kind remarks and for taking the time out to leave a review. I’m very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we will have the chance to serve you again soon. Taxis here as you notice, honk at every person, every intersection and often times, from what I can tell, for no reason at all. Unfortunately we do not have a hotel van or shuttle service and since the taxis are not metered and for the most part unregulated prices can fluctuate. As you mentioned some drivers are quick to take advantage of tourists often time charging a bit more. For your next stay I recommend asking the concierge to call a cab and also asking them approximate cab fares so at least you’ll know what to expect. Overall it sounds like you enjoyed you visit and we thank you for allowing us to be a part of it.

Chicago, IL
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Excellent service and very good food. We had booked this hotel by points and reached Lima early in the morning. Our check in wasn't due until 3:00 in the afternoon but the staff was very accomodative and let us check in early. Due to gold status we were also given complementary breakfast. The social bar and resturant is run by french chef and his dishes are amazing. It is expensive to have breakfast (62 soles) but worth to try it once. The spread and the taste are very different from the regular continental breakfast.
The hotel is about 25 min ride from the airport and it shouldn't cost more than 45 soles. If you were to take the hotel cab, it would cost you more than twice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Karjanmed
Dear Karjanmed,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for your kind words. Also thank you for your continued patronage and loyalty as a Hilton Honors Gold member. As with all Peruvian chefs Chef Renzo Alcantara takes great pride in his work as does the entire kitchen team. I will definitely pass your comments along to him as I’m sure he and his team would be happy to know their hard work is not going unnoticed. Thank you again for the kind remarks and we look forward to having you again soon.